Eric Atreides

THANKSGIVING WEEKEND THREAD | Frozen 85.25 3-Day, 123.75 5-Day. Thanksgiving record! | KO 27/41.7, FvF 13.2/19, ABDITN 11.8/17.3, Q&S 11.7/15.8 | BLACK FRIDAY SALE UNTIL SUNDAY - GOLD ACCOUNTS 25% OFF

Not to bring this topic up again but I actually liked Age of Ultron than most MCU movies. But I also didn't have sky high expectations from it. Fun time. Civil war though argh.

Good numbers for Frozen 2.

Edited by Damien
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Webslinger said:

After a year of seeing so many would-be crowd-pleasers not really play to much of a crowd, I'm really rooting for Knives Out to find a big audience at the box office. Even a fairly small Wednesday afternoon crowd was tons of fun to watch it with; I can't imagine how wild it would be with a full house.

KO was a lot of fun with a pretty full house when I saw it on Saturday.

11 minutes ago, Damien said:

Not to bring this topic up again but I actually liked Age of Ultron than most MCU movies. But I also didn't have sky high expectations from it. Fun time. Civil war though argh.

Good numbers for Frozen 2.

Each Avengers film is worse than the previous.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

21 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:
Frozen 2               14.50
Knives Out                 6.25
A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood                 3.10
Ford v Ferrari                 2.90
Queen & Slim                 2.45

Interesting that FvF stayed flat while

KO:  + 31%

ABDITN: +30%

Q&S:  +40%

10 minutes ago, ElsaRoc said:

Well I stopped watching after civil war but considering next two Avengers have the same directors as civil war, I wouldn't be surprised.

Oh yeah I did see black panther. That was nice.

46 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

Make that 15mn for F2. Let's see what Disney give.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

46 minutes ago, Damien said:

Well I stopped watching after civil war but considering next two Avengers have the same directors as civil war, I wouldn't be surprised.

Oh yeah I did see black panther. That was nice.

Eh. CACW is probably worse than either. And CAWS is better than either, so the Russos can do some things okay. The fadeout at the end of IW was well done, and Thor was great. Endgame had some enjoyable sequences, too. Ant-Man is a big plus in the movie.

Both of them suffer because Thanos' reasoning is just so, so stupid, which makes it almost impossible for me to take him seriously. Oh, and the ending of Endgame is terribad, effectively ruining Captain America as a character.

None of the Avengers films are good, but they're enjoyable enough popcorn fare, worth a watch with an invested crowd. And, I suppose, good fodder for significantly better written and realized fanfic.

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 4
  • Knock It Off 1

1 hour ago, Jedi Jat said:

Great for Knives Out. 

1 hour ago, ElsaRoc said:

Infinity War is the worst. Unless Civil War counts, that takes the cake lol. 

• Haha 2
  • ...wtf 1

10 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

I'm a tad relieved Civil War's stock has dropped so much. I like bits and pieces of the MCU but I knew even at the time that movie was absolute hot mess. Marvel's "the gang's all here!" reach really exceeded its grasp with that one. 

Nothing's changed much.  Many still think highly of it, some just get tired of going in the same circles.   It's mostly the same people who didn't like CW 2016 who still don't like it.  Just as it's mostly the same people who gripe about the MCU still griping about  the MCU and those who like or love still liking and loving it.    It is what it is.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1