Eric Duncan

THANKSGIVING WEEKEND THREAD | Frozen 85.25 3-Day, 123.75 5-Day. Thanksgiving record! | KO 27/41.7, FvF 13.2/19, ABDITN 11.8/17.3, Q&S 11.7/15.8 | BLACK FRIDAY SALE UNTIL SUNDAY - GOLD ACCOUNTS 25% OFF

18 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Nothing's changed much.  Many still think highly of it, some just get tired of going in the same circles.   It's mostly the same people who didn't like CW 2016 who still don't like it.  Just as it's mostly the same people who gripe about the MCU still griping about  the MCU and those who like or love still liking and loving it.    It is what it is.

Nah, it's definitely suffered a downward shift. The overwhelming consensus at the time was borderline ecstatic. "The fun of TA1 with the high-mindedness of TDK," etc. 

I'm not trying to start a flame war - it's a three year old movie, who really cares - but hindsight hasn't been particularly kind given Marvel has basically done the same thing but better since then. 

Edited by Hatebox
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ElsaRoc said:

Eh. CACW is probably worse than either. And CAWS is better than either, so the Russos can do some things okay. The fadeout at the end of IW was well done, and Thor was great. Endgame had some enjoyable sequences, too. Ant-Man is a big plus in the movie.

Both of them suffer because Thanos' reasoning is just so, so stupid, which makes it almost impossible for me to take him seriously. Oh, and the ending of Endgame is terribad, effectively ruining Captain America as a character.

None of the Avengers films are good, but they're enjoyable enough popcorn fare, worth a watch with an invested crowd. And, I suppose, good fodder for significantly better written and realized fanfic.

Thanos' reasoning isn't stupid at all. There are plenty of people in the real world with the same horrible opinion. (Kill off a certain % of humans so that the rest can live with the remaining resources). I personally think he was just powerhungry and wanted to be a saviour/a god. It's obvious that he doesn't care about the universe when he says that he'll shred it into atoms and create a new one because the current one is to ungrateful. 

Also EndGame didn't ruin Captain America. It finished his arch wonderfully. He was a man that belonged to a different time.

32 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

I'm a tad relieved Civil War's stock has dropped so much. I like bits and pieces of the MCU but I knew even at the time that movie was absolute hot mess. Marvel's "the gang's all here!" reach really exceeded its grasp with that one. 

Lol what is this delusion. Civil War is still regarded as a top-tier masterpiece (as it should be). 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

Also EndGame didn't ruin Captain America. It finished his arch wonderfully. He was a man that belonged to a different time.

Lol what is this delusion. Civil War is still regarded as a top-tier masterpiece (as it should be). 

That's a helluva low-bar for a 'masterpiece' descriptor, but if you say so. Not like we're gonna change each other's minds. 👍

Just now, Hatebox said:

That's a helluva low-bar for a 'masterpiece' descriptor, but if you say so. Not like we're gonna change each other's minds. 👍

Well, no we can't. I just think it's wrong for you to claim that the Civil Ware "stock" has fallen  when the only people backing that opinion aren't even MCU fans. 

1 hour ago, ElsaRoc said:

Eh. CACW is probably worse than either. And CAWS is better than either, so the Russos can do some things okay. The fadeout at the end of IW was well done, and Thor was great. Endgame had some enjoyable sequences, too. Ant-Man is a big plus in the movie.

Both of them suffer because Thanos' reasoning is just so, so stupid, which makes it almost impossible for me to take him seriously. Oh, and the ending of Endgame is terribad, effectively ruining Captain America as a character.

None of the Avengers films are good, but they're enjoyable enough popcorn fare, worth a watch with an invested crowd. And, I suppose, good fodder for significantly better written and realized fanfic.

He's a sociopath that saw his people ruined by overpopulation and thinks that this is a noble way to save the universe. Even before the Titans were all gone, he thought half of them should be extinct.

Yes, his reasoning is stupid when you account for the fact that you could simply grow resources to feed everyone and that his method is totally inhumane, but again, he doesn't exactly have what you call level-headed morality. He be a wacko. That's why you don't want him to succeed. And the great thing about him isn't the motivation per say, but that he's so convinced he's actually a hero doing the right thing.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

Infinity war is the best as it was different...

Balancing all those characters

The really epic action scenes with Thanos in the Infinity Stones against all the heroes

The impending doom of it all as you know that this film does not have a happy ending

Thanos being such a great character

Having one of the biggest plot twist of the modern times

• Like 8

Just now, Lordmandeep said:

The issue is Ultron failed to excite the fanbase to watch it many times and Civil War sort of did not break out to the casual crowd as much.

That is why those films had eh legs. 

I loved AOU and i watched Civil War first day at the theater (it was full) but imho civil war want that good of a movie and the color palette was just so bland, like eating a harboiled egg wit no salt. That is why agree with you about the legs of Civil War. A lot of people went to see it at first but the didn't had much repeat business.

12 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Does everything need to descend in to an MCU discussion? Really? REALLY?! 

thank you , i and some people were just making a joke about age of ultron box office, and people jumped in and make this serious

4 hours ago, Jedi Jat said:
Frozen 2               14.50
Knives Out                 6.25
A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood                 3.10
Ford v Ferrari                 2.90
Queen & Slim                 2.45

That Rogers number is insane!!!

Any numbers for 21B, Cena, Midway and Joker?

1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

Infinity war is the best as it was different...

Balancing all those characters

The really epic action scenes with Thanos in the Infinity Stones against all the heroes

The impending doom of it all as you know that this film does not have a happy ending

Thanos being such a great character

Having one of the biggest plot twist of the modern times

:worthy:

• Thanks 1