Eric Duncan

THANKSGIVING WEEKEND THREAD | Frozen 85.25 3-Day, 123.75 5-Day. Thanksgiving record! | KO 27/41.7, FvF 13.2/19, ABDITN 11.8/17.3, Q&S 11.7/15.8 | BLACK FRIDAY SALE UNTIL SUNDAY - GOLD ACCOUNTS 25% OFF

18 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

Age of Ultron likely is better then your typical summer blockbuster if you think about it.

The issue is people expected much more.

Age of Ultron had a lot of flaws, but compared to Iron Man 3 or Thor 2....

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

They are undoubtedly banking on RDJ’s name. 

As they should - though social media numbers support it

Example:

Official YT trailer has 21m views and  467k likes.

Only SW and Jumanji are ahead of it for US releases for the next 3+ months

Jumanji (4 months - #1 trailer) 30m views / 237k likes  (1 month #2 trailer) 17.35m views / 180k likes

SW:TROS (7 months #1 trailer) 34m views / 584k likes / (1 month - #2 trailer) 31m views /534k likes

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, belligerent talking robot said:

I cant remember some of the last mainstream horror movies where the music pushed the ceiling of the film

John Carpenter’s Halloween (2018) score was pretty fantastic with some great new atmospheric music along with a re-done version of the classic theme.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

WTF, Dolittle tracking is already that good? Who the fuck wants to see that thing?

My aunt saw an ad for it during the Macy's Parade yesterday. She thought the dog scratching its butt on the carpet was hilarious. 

L8UMjV1.png

• Haha 5

19 minutes ago, DAJK said:

These are some pretty fantastic #s all around. I'm behind in my movie-watching (I unfortunately missed Doctor Sleep altogether). Which should I prioritize; Neighborhood? Knives out? or Frozen?

How about all 3?? Lol Frozen is good, didnt get to see Knives last night like planned but I'd push it to #1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

WTF, Dolittle tracking is already that good? Who the fuck wants to see that thing?

RDJ just started in Endgame which was one of the biggest films ever so anything with him in it will get added interest.

19 minutes ago, Eric Plus said:

My aunt saw an ad for it during the Macy's Parade yesterday. She thought the dog scratching its butt on the carpet was hilarious. 

My Dad laughed at the "Hello lunch" line from the tiger.  My Dad.  And he hates "stuff like that."

• Haha 1

• Community Manager
19 hours ago, Porthos said:

Never stopped @Water Bottle from smacktalking things he didn't like. :ph34r:

The trick is to just do it in like, a respectful manner.

Just think of it as a challenge. ;)

Me? Smacktalk?

i would never seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Can't wait to see Knives Out Monday. Then maybe Irishman Tuesday? Definitely won't see a lame movie like Frozen II.

• Haha 2

Show yourself #1

Let it go #2 then drop off

Into the Unknown

For the first time in forever

The Next Right Thing

Lost in the Woods

Love is a open door

Coronation Day

Do you want to build a snowman

Olaf songs are both near very bottom

Fixer Upper is fine and silly but forgettable.

All is found scene is great, song was sleepy for me.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Hatebox said:

I'm a tad relieved Civil War's stock has dropped so much. I like bits and pieces of the MCU but I knew even at the time that movie was absolute hot mess. Marvel's "the gang's all here!" reach really exceeded its grasp with that one. 

Sorry to bring this up again but I really gotta disagree with this one. I don't see how it was a mess. It juggled all those elements about as competently and cohesively as it could have been. There was a LOOOOT going on and some of it was a bit all over the place, but there was a fine narrative string - cracks in the Avengers start to form because of multiple variables and it all leads to a fight - going on that kept everything in place. It's far from perfect but I really think it's horribly underappreciated in this forum, and part of me feels like a lot of people don't like it just because it looks ugly and they didn't kill each other (Hell, I used to be one of those). Well, to each their own, I guess.

• Like 3

On 11/29/2019 at 12:23 PM, DAJK said:

These are some pretty fantastic #s all around. I'm behind in my movie-watching (I unfortunately missed Doctor Sleep altogether). Which should I prioritize; Neighborhood? Knives out? or Frozen?

Can't speak for Knives and Frozen... yet... but Neighborhood is really special. Weird (the storytelling is much more unconventional than the trailer suggests), brave, and very moving. It will absolutely find a place in my top 10 for the year.

Edited by A Star is Orm
typo

27 minutes ago, movieboner said:

The Irishman was absolutely incredible. Best Picture 2020.

Agree. Best i have seen in years. Im more of a comicbook movie guy. But these type of movies aside its in my Top 5 over the last 5-10 years.

but still insane to spend 160 mill on a movie like this. Looks like 1/3 of that. 1/2 Max

Edited by fmpro