Eric Atreides

THANKSGIVING WEEKEND THREAD | Frozen 85.25 3-Day, 123.75 5-Day. Thanksgiving record! | KO 27/41.7, FvF 13.2/19, ABDITN 11.8/17.3, Q&S 11.7/15.8 | BLACK FRIDAY SALE UNTIL SUNDAY - GOLD ACCOUNTS 25% OFF

1 850+ film, 3 500-550 films (including f2 and sw9), 2 425-450 films, 1 350+ film

roughly calculating disney's dom total will be 3.95b odd combining those 7 films + mal2 + dumbo + ad astra

how many studio's ww total did disney beat just with it's dom total?

32 minutes ago, a2k said:

1 850+ film, 3 500-550 films (including f2 and sw9), 2 425-450 films, 1 350+ film

roughly calculating disney's dom total will be 3.95b odd combining those 7 films + mal2 + dumbo + ad astra

how many studio's ww total did disney beat just with it's dom total?

SW9 between $500 and $550 million?🤨

2 hours ago, Menor said:

Needs just 2.25x this weekend to get there. I'd say the floor is catching fire legs which would get about 440 million, if it holds like Moana then the ceiling is closer to 540 million. I'm expecting about 500 million final or adding 2.5x this weekend.

Short holiday week and less than A+ WOM so not a lock by any means. Glad that 2019 is again seeing life at the BO and we can have these debates.  How are you, @Menor ? I don’t believe we’ve met. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Add 30m to the OW and 0.50 to the multi....

star wars jedi GIF

can add 0.05x to the multi but +0.5x will take it past RO's legs. :)

and adding 30 ow will take it to SW8's 220. our tracking thread may not endorse that.

5 minutes ago, lilmac said:

Short holiday week and less than A+ WOM so not a lock by any means. Glad that 2019 is again seeing life at the BO and we can have these debates.  How are you, @Menor ? I don’t believe we’ve met. 

Doing good! I don't think I have seen you on the site before either but I only joined this year.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Menor said:

180*3.3 is still where I'm at. It's opening at a bad weekend for OW but a great weekend for legs.

That's what everyone said about TFA's OW too. $180-$185 million would be dreadful. No way it would ever get 3.3X from that. Yeah, I do understand that lower OW's can yield better multipliers, but one would have to look into why it got a $180-$185 m OW to start with. And it surely isn't the particular weekend.

9 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Star Wars has a record that will never be beaten: biggest sequel drop, -$317m domestically. 

;) 

Avengers 5 has entered the chat.  

Spoiler

I don’t actually think the next team up movie will be a sequel, thinking they start a new sub franchise. But with inflation I’m sure we can beat that record eventually.  

Spoiler

Or with Avatar :ph34r:

• Like 2

So, roughly $34.1m 2nd Friday. A wee bit under the early estimates, but still a gorgeous number.

Interesting to note that without the $8.5m from Thursday previews the first Friday did $33.7m, which means the 2nd Friday actually increased.❄️😎❄️

Edited by Incarnadine
  • Like 7

Just eliminating the effect of previews and Black Friday, we’re probably looking at about a 40% SS drop (53/88), quite similar to Maleficent 2’s 41% 2nd SS drop. Maleficent will add about 3.5x the 2nd SS, same for F2 would be +183M for about 475M. But with Christmas I think it can do a little better thanks to Christmas.

Edited by Arendelle Legion
  • Like 2