Eric Atreides

THANKSGIVING WEEKEND THREAD | Frozen 85.25 3-Day, 123.75 5-Day. Thanksgiving record! | KO 27/41.7, FvF 13.2/19, ABDITN 11.8/17.3, Q&S 11.7/15.8 | BLACK FRIDAY SALE UNTIL SUNDAY - GOLD ACCOUNTS 25% OFF

8 minutes ago, Melosh said:

Zootopia 2 could be another incredibles 2 if they wait the same amount of time.

I1 was ahead of it's times - 3.71x (70.5 ow - no previews / 261.4 dom) for an animation in 2004 over Nov/Dec wasn't as big a deal as it would be today. I2 hit the perfect storm of CBM era. Zootopia did 4.55x in 2016 and if they wait a long time for a sequel it would be a mistake IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, narniadis said:

Yeah people forget that 15 years ago there was disappointment in Incredibles final total. Didnt come close to the legs of Monsters Inc or Nemo. Hampered some by Polar Express and then National Treasure taking family audiences. 

The Polar Express ended up having excellent legs despite having a low OW although I don't think it was profitable due to its high budget but it's likely been a big moneymaker for WB in the last fifteen years. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

And there was someone last week saying that they should have made Frozen 2 sooner than they did

BO be damned, would have loved to get this movie 3 years ago so we were 3 years closer to all the post F2 content 

1 hour ago, cdsacken said:

That's like saying Justice League was similar to Avengers.

I must be out of touch, because I thought they were basically identical.

Edited by ZackM
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, ZackM said:

I must be out of touch, because I thought they were basically identical.

Justice League was reviled, plot sucked, audience score of 70% and did so bad it guaranteed no sequel despite a massive budget.

It's like saying all depressing dramas that have no happy ending are the same.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Justice League was reviled, plot sucked, audience score of 70% and did so bad it guaranteed no sequel despite a massive budget.

It's like saying all depressing dramas that have no happy ending are the same.

No, it's not like saying that at all.  I didn't say anything about all of anything.  I said I thought Justice League and Avengers were basically identical.  It's a dyadic comparison, not a statement of categorical equivalence.  I also didn't make a qualitative value judgement, so I'm not sure why such an innocuous opinion would bother you.

• Disbelief 1