Eric Atreides

THANKSGIVING WEEKEND THREAD | Frozen 85.25 3-Day, 123.75 5-Day. Thanksgiving record! | KO 27/41.7, FvF 13.2/19, ABDITN 11.8/17.3, Q&S 11.7/15.8 | BLACK FRIDAY SALE UNTIL SUNDAY - GOLD ACCOUNTS 25% OFF

26 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

Jojo Rabbit outgrossing Maleficent is a real surprise.

• Haha 6
  • Astonished 1

22 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Jojo Rabbit outgrossing Maleficent is a real surprise.

Lol that decimal point being in the wrong place is just mean.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Barnack said:

That sound really confusing to me, how merchandise sales be below zero, what is their link with the production cost ?

Producers who lose money for first movie will not invest a cent for the sequel.

Otherwise, nobody know the future. In 2014, Disney's and their partners lost tons of $$ by not having enough Frozen products to sell, because at the time no one have faith in that brand (two princesses and zero prince charming? what hell!). Unfortunately I was in that list.

1 minute ago, edroger3 said:

Producers who lose money for first movie will not invest a cent for the sequel.

Which producers have lost money on Zootopia ?

• Like 1

Looks like Frozen 2 has delivered the biggest second weekend ever for an animated flick

But not adjusted. We know who is always the winner

19 minutes ago, tupek said:

Looks like Frozen 2 has delivered the biggest second weekend ever for an animated flick

But not adjusted. We know who is always the winner

What was Shrek 2’s adjusted gross?

Stamina comparison domestic movies >$200M (2015-2019):

Spoiler

aYpHTM3.png

CfS90tx.png

Probably the last one I'll bother doing for the month and this CY.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Arendelle Legion said:

really enjoyed F2, but I agree there are some structural and pacing issues. F1 is superior for me for sure.   

Although GOtG1 is also the better entry, so...

Frozen one is fluffy and insignificant in comparison to Frozen 2. Plot is basically non-existent, character development is not there. I like the film but I can't understand why people like it more just because it was so simple and basic that 2 year olds could understand it.

Was frozen 2 perfect? Nope, too many side plots but overall it was awesome.

both Frozen movies have pedestrian plotlines. They are elevated by the animation and songs

Caught up with Ford v Ferrari today. Boy that’s one sweet crowd pleaser. Tony Scott would have loved it. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Frozen one is fluffy and insignificant in comparison to Frozen 2. Plot is basically non-existent, character development is not there. I like the film but I can't understand why people like it more just because it was so simple and basic that 2 year olds could understand it.

Was frozen 2 perfect? Nope, too many side plots but overall it was awesome.

Agree. Much more ambitious and just overall better movie for me. A few issues with the final act, but overall I found it superior to the first. That said, you couldn’t have done what they did here without those foundations the first put down so....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Agree. Much more ambitious and just overall better movie for me. A few issues with the final act, but overall I found it superior to the first. That said, you couldn’t have done what they did here without those foundations the first put down so....

Agreed and the first one targeted and nailed a younger audience. It was supposed to be less mature, more fun and fluffy. It wasn't supposed to be as complicated, dark, gripping or complex. I loved what it did for young girls. Ok hell I loved let it go too, that song is catchy. 

• Like 1

I don’t know, regardless if someone likes the original frozen, we gotta admit it does present a lot of interesting ideas and themes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Melosh said:

I don’t know, regardless if someone likes the original frozen, we gotta admit it does present a lot of interesting ideas and themes.

Which is why it became popular in the first place.