Eric Atreides

THANKSGIVING WEEKEND THREAD | Frozen 85.25 3-Day, 123.75 5-Day. Thanksgiving record! | KO 27/41.7, FvF 13.2/19, ABDITN 11.8/17.3, Q&S 11.7/15.8 | BLACK FRIDAY SALE UNTIL SUNDAY - GOLD ACCOUNTS 25% OFF

Just now, TMP said:

It’s so cute seeing all the little kids at the theater running around being excited dressed as Frank Sheeran, Jimmy Hoffa or Russell Bufalino.

that's just deniro and pesci. the de-aging technology is too powerful.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 2

3 hours ago, narniadis said:

Lets get to the end of the weekend and have a definitive point to look at before starting the 550+ talk. Yall are forgetting the massive difference in the types of Decembers that 2013 and 2019 represent as far as the screen holding that will happen. Weekend 3 will be over 50% off - something even Frozen 1 couldn't avoid and then weekend 4 and 5 both Jumanji and Star Wars will eat into showtimes, no matter how well the film is doing. 

JabmPMA.jpg

• Haha 4
  • Astonished 1

Now, look, I can’t say that anything is causally connected to anything else. But I can observe that I changed my name to Thanos Legion on IW’s OW, and kept it fully through Endgame’s run. Then I changed it to Arendelle Legion last night. So, as Maui would say...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5
  • Astonished 4

9 minutes ago, Porthos said:

JabmPMA.jpg

Are double features in the dead of winter a real thing? I feel like Drive-in’s do a lot of DF business and the vast majority are closed then.   

For instance I feel like Mal got basically no DF boost from Frozen despite being a perfect (and virtually the only) movie to pair with.

8 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Now, look, I can’t say that anything is causally connected to anything else. But I can observe that I changed my name to Thanos Legion on IW’s OW, and kept it fully through Endgame’s run. Then I changed it to Arendelle Legion last night. So, as Maui would say...

507 million Thanksgiving weekend confirmed.

• Astonished 1

5 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Are double features in the dead of winter a real thing? I feel like Drive-in’s do a lot of DF business and the vast majority are closed then.   

They are here, but the climate allows for it in Sacto.  We'll get rain, sure, but aside from that the local drive-in loves this time of year as the longer darker hours allows for more showtimes.

• Astonished 1

So if Frozen really is looking at that $25m-number for Wednesday, it sure is writing its own history, as this is pretty much against all the drop patterns of previous movies. 

Let's just hope, thistrend continues and doesn't end up in a big drop for TG and a muted jump for Black Friday. 

It's pretty exciting though.

To be fair, results from the rest of the world hinted, that that 130m-opening was a bit low in comparison, so a huge rebound over the holiday weekend kind of was expected.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Guys, the gif is SRK as Kabir Khan just after winning the final of the Women’s Hockey World Cup in 2007’s Chak De! India. And I’d never heard of most of those things in my life until 10 minutes ago. 

adding to that, Kabir Khan was wronged by his country in film's starting. it's story of his redemption. easily best sports film made in India and SRK's top 3.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2