Eric Duncan

THANKSGIVING WEEKEND THREAD | Frozen 85.25 3-Day, 123.75 5-Day. Thanksgiving record! | KO 27/41.7, FvF 13.2/19, ABDITN 11.8/17.3, Q&S 11.7/15.8 | BLACK FRIDAY SALE UNTIL SUNDAY - GOLD ACCOUNTS 25% OFF

Knives Out holding steady at 96 | 4.6/5 verified audience scores over at RT.  All Audience isn't that far behind at 90 | 4.36/5.

Approx 1000 and 1800 ratings respectively.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 4

46 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:
Spoiler

Hide contents

I guess 107 FSS is easier.

Hmm, good point. Needs “just” 4.46x from 24.

Megamind 4.67x
Puss in Boots 4.55x
Big Hero 6 4.52x

WIR 4.45x

Frozen1 4.45 (afaict, no previews?)

Moana 4.38x (from true OD)

Grinch 4.35x

Edited by Arendelle Legion

18 minutes ago, StarWarsMemer said:

Kinda surprised it isn't 80 

No longer counting the "Want to See" numbers (which they never should have done in the first place) and the stellar WOM so far is probably helping quite a bit.  Both on the Verified and on the All Audience score.

Just now, keysersoze123 said:

Really weird how Ko has behaved. yesterday MTC1+2 sold almost 75K and it did 1.6m. Today it sold 153K with MTC1 selling around 90% and MTC 2 around 110%. Still pure OD is more than triple. So rest of the market expanded Huge.

Previews  are MTCs heavy. Pretty normal. This not being a tentpole, will be even higher.

• Like 1

Just now, Jedi Jat said:

Previews  are MTCs heavy. Pretty normal. This not being a tentpole, will be even higher.

but this was the most overindexed movie I tracked. To an extent every movie did. It actually sold more than Ford did for previews but did way less. Could be due to last weekend screenings being so big.

8 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

but this was the most overindexed movie I tracked. To an extent every movie did. It actually sold more than Ford did for previews but did way less. Could be due to last weekend screenings being so big.

T-Mobile did a $4 ticket through Atom offer which would might have boosted pre-sales but with a lower ticket avg. 

On Tuesday, November 5th, T-Mobile customers can get a $4 movie ticket from Atom Tickets to see either Knives Out

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

T-Mobile did a $4 ticket through Atom offer which would might have boosted pre-sales but with a lower ticket avg. 

On Tuesday, November 5th, T-Mobile customers can get a $4 movie ticket from Atom Tickets to see either Knives Out

I thought that didn't affect the reported ticket sale though.  It's either T-mobile or Atom making up the difference, but as far as the theater that sold the ticket (and reported the gross) it's still a normal ticket price.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I dont think that is on the chains. Box office is still based on original ticket price. @RthTIFF do you know if discounts by external parties impact box office for a movie. I have never thought that is possible.

38 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I dont think that is on the chains. Box office is still based on original ticket price. @RthTIFF do you know if discounts by external parties impact box office for a movie. I have never thought that is possible.

Yeah now that you mention it - that should be T-Mobile/Atom taking on the ticket price. 

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1