Ezen Baklattan

2019 Critics/Guild Awards Thread

7 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

from the past 10 NYFCC cinematography winners only 2 failed to get a cinematography Oscar nom, did NEON really have to delay Portrait to next year 🙄

Luckily, it's not delayed; it's coming to select theaters on Friday. Unless something's changed.

1 minute ago, SLAM! said:

Luckily, it's not delayed; it's coming to select theaters on Friday. Unless something's changed.

wider release is next february,  I think Portrait could've pulled a Cold War this year if it had a stronger push. (and if obviously was chosen as France's entry) 

4 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

wider release is next february,  I think Portrait could've pulled a Cold War this year if it had a stronger push. (and if obviously was chosen as France's entry) 

Well, it's true they could've released it earlier. Personally, I'm happy it's even in contention for nominations at all. The fact that Neon's releasing it wide at all already makes it a winner in my heart.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

Getting one week qualifying run in NY/LA = competing in this year's awards. Many movies have done it before.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

expected for MS but what do they mean and little women??? where's Pugh 

Don't worry. Dern is competing for Marriage only. I don't know why they mentioned LW too but no way she switches from Marriage to LW. Pugh is safe for that nom.

7 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Don't worry. Dern is competing for Marriage only. I don't know why they mentioned LW too but no way she switches from Marriage to LW. Pugh is safe for that nom.

Critics awards frequently do multiple citations like how Brad Pitt won the New York award for Moneyball and Tree of Life and Jessica Chastain won supporting actress for like 4 movies she was in that year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

This means Nyong'o takes the 5th Best Actress spot unless she ends up being a Regina Hall (who should have gotten a Best Actress. nom last year).

if Universal can revive her buzz and get her a nod, she would be one of the best options for a poc in the actress race this year