cax16

Kingdom of the Planet Of The Apes | May 10, 2024 | Wes Ball to develop and direct

On 9/29/2022 at 11:40 AM, BadOlCatSylvester said:

I'm really surprised Wes Ball is even touching Disney with a ten-foot pole after what they did to his passion project Mouse Guard. Everyone has a price I suppose. If this delivers maybe they'll give that another shot on Disney+.

Having projects rejected is a part of life in the film business. You really cannot afford not to go business with a studio because they rejected or shut down a previous project. Not all that many placed you can go for funding.

Amazing how some people just don't get how the Film Industry works. The people with the money hold the power, not the artists.

24 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Having projects rejected is a part of life in the film business. You really cannot afford not to go business with a studio because they rejected or shut down a previous project. Not all that many placed you can go for funding.

Amazing how some people just don't get how the Film Industry works. The people with the money hold the power, not the artists.

Thank god your here to educate (patronize) the "masses" how the film industry works with your well thought out (doom posting and repetitive) posts. 

Edited by Ronin46
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Arguably in the best spot for a big breakout of anything next summer if it turns out good given how barren things are getting. 

Yep I am a big fan the Ceasar Trilogy but War probably got a little too dark and depressing for the GA and that's why it underperformed. If they lighten up just enough I can see it breaking out in what will be a pretty barren summer. 

5 hours ago, emoviefan said:

Yep I am a big fan the Ceasar Trilogy but War probably got a little too dark and depressing for the GA and that's why it underperformed. If they lighten up just enough I can see it breaking out in what will be a pretty barren summer. 

I don't think that's the reason it underperformed. I think the reason is the marketing was very misleading and the title was very misleading. I know I expected a full out Humans vs Apes war. And while I really enjoyed the movie it was definitely not what I expected. 

It also came out sandwiched between Homecoming and Dunkirk, which didn't help.

2 hours ago, AnotherDayAnotherDollar said:

I don't think that's the reason it underperformed. I think the reason is the marketing was very misleading and the title was very misleading. I know I expected a full out Humans vs Apes war. And while I really enjoyed the movie it was definitely not what I expected. 

It also came out sandwiched between Homecoming and Dunkirk, which didn't help.

That's also  true. I think it all led to a underperformance.

12 hours ago, emoviefan said:

Yeah War was an extremely anti-mainstream thing for typical blockbuster fare. By “breakout” too, I mean relative to this franchise. So I could maybeee see 300 or so if everything goes right, just since it might have May more or less to itself at this rate. But I do think there’s a ceiling on this franchise for sure. 

12 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Just saw that it's Wes Ball directing this one, which I'm...not exactly thrilled about? I thought the maze runners were dreadful.

It's not like he wrote those movies and the books are quite hard to adapt for a non R rating (and far from flawless anyway). He was very good with budgets. (I could have sworn those movies cost at least 100M+ per movie, but no)

The movie has the same writers as Rise and Dawn (and Avatar 2+3) so I think it could be good.

• Like 1