charlie Jatinder

Black Widow Overseas Thread.

49 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

If China releases yes, may be even 600.

158 WW is even lower than expected, Lucy has a shot of beating a MCU flick with that opening. China would barely get this over Lucy let alone 6.

21 minutes ago, VENOM said:

158 WW is even lower than expected, Lucy has a shot of beating a MCU flick with that opening. China would barely get this over Lucy let alone 6.

Dude do you even know what you are talking about?

The low end of expectation was 187M going into weekend. It lost $8M due to unexpected COVID wave in Korea and non-opening of NSW. It's barely, $20M under the low end of expectations.

No, Lucy has no shot of beating a MCU flick. The only market Lucy will be ahead of BW are couple of European markets with France being the only one considerably ahead.

In markets it released this week, it won't be too far off Venom.

37 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Dude do you even know what you are talking about?

The low end of expectation was 187M going into weekend. It lost $8M due to unexpected COVID wave in Korea and non-opening of NSW. It's barely, $20M under the low end of expectations.

No, Lucy has no shot of beating a MCU flick. The only market Lucy will be ahead of BW are couple of European markets with France being the only one considerably ahead.

In markets it released this week, it won't be too far off Venom.

Lucy made 463 WW and Black Widow will be close to that it may not even crack 500 WW. Venom made 856WW so I don’t know why your comparing it to that.

• ...wtf 1

I think  WOM is not good at all, thats why numbers are below  expected OS, in Brazil on Filmow (one of biggest social net about movies), the film is rated 3.6/5 (which is already below the average of MCU films ). and this in the first weekend, where people are most excited, will probably end up with a 3.2/3.3 grade, which is the lowest grade of an MCU movie as far as I know (at least among the MCU movies released from 2014 so far), 

3 hours ago, Marcos12 said:

I think  WOM is not good at all, thats why numbers are below  expected OS, in Brazil on Filmow (one of biggest social net about movies), the film is rated 3.6/5 (which is already below the average of MCU films ). and this in the first weekend, where people are most excited, will probably end up with a 3.2/3.3 grade, which is the lowest grade of an MCU movie as far as I know (at least among the MCU movies released from 2014 so far), 

It fepends on the market reaction from france is normal while reaction from japan and korea is great ,the reception seems very decent and it os ow its great all around considering that its a pa release and that in many os markets  the recovery is not in the same place as in the us

17 minutes ago, exomassey said:

I’m interested to know if people think the Copa America and Euros final had an effect here.

Do you guys think two big events like that will have an effect on opening weekend?

Avengers: Endgame had the 3rd episode of GoTs final season on Sunday of opening weekend, it had minimal impact. Same will be true of sporting events I imagine. 

16 hours ago, Jamiem said:

Avengers: Endgame had the 3rd episode of GoTs final season on Sunday of opening weekend, it had minimal impact. Same will be true of sporting events I imagine. 

Adding to Charlie's number: European and Latin American do have an effect when it's something within an international competition; Argentina did saw a decrease on Saturday (match day) compared to Friday and Sunday barely beat Friday. It wasn't as pronounced as Italy's tho: only -29%

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jamiem said:

This is not relevant on LATAM because GoT aired super late on most places.

Copa America usually makes you go out with friends and stay there all afternoon..

On 7/12/2021 at 2:56 AM, Jamiem said:

The semi-final which involved Spain was seen by 15 million people here (1/3 of the population). You can count with horrible numbers in both Italy and UK on Sunday.

the online number is more value than its theatrical income IMO. I'm still curious if they would put more Marvel titles on streaming platform(definitely not because I wanna see Disney provide free Marvel movies to Chinese audience).

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

the online number is more value than its theatrical income IMO. I'm still curious if they would put more Marvel titles on streaming platform(definitely not because I wanna see Disney provide free Marvel movies to Chinese audience).

To be fair Chinese audience may not even want to watch Shang Chi even if it’s free 😂

• Disbelief 1