Eric Duncan

No1Curr Weekend Thread: Playmobil $660K OW, one of the lowest in history for 2,000+ theaters

13 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

For those wondering, not a result of a silly Sunday. Sat apparently came in just 16M. Having some doubts about Shrek 2.

Just 16 makes it sound worse than it is as it was a solid increase overall for the time of year. Its Friday being lower than originally expected plays a part in all of this, especially since they went with a solid but hopeful Sunday hold. 

That being said, 440m is the goal now barring a strong recovery in 2 weeks. 

Either way its looking at a solid increase all around the world 10%+ here and 20% or so overseas. Very solid for a sequel to an already massive film. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, respmw said:

This is gonna pass 100M WW, right? A Simple Favor almost hit 100M, with 97M.

10.9 os weekend, 1 dom weekend taking it to 84.8 ww

100-105 ww is lock from current markets.

i think Japan is remaining.

Edited by a2k
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

This movie only drop 30% in the post thanksgiving week although no expansion take place. That show how leggy the film is in certain location.

I hope it can break 20m before it is available for digital download on 1st day of 2020.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Curtis1986 said:

Can somebody explain what's going on with a beautiful day in the neighborhood. Even with great reviews in a star like Tom Hanks the studio seems to have really missed a huge marketing opportunity boxoffice in Awards wise

Honestly, it's kind of ho hum as far as awards bait goes. Pretty quiet and formulaic. I'm not surprised its target audience isn't taking to it as much. 

Edited by tribefan695

The Aeronauts was pretty good. It has some really thrilling setpieces and the leads are obviously great.

13 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Sony already has Little Women opening on Christmas Day.

Maybe Little Woman should have been the one opening on December 13. It would have been better counter programming to Star Wars.

2 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Did my post just get deleted? lol 

Trying to complain about Portrait of a Lady on Fire not getting traction in America? Okay.

Using it as a scapegoat to troll about Marvel? Nah

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

The Aeronauts was pretty good. It has some really thrilling setpieces and the leads are obviously great.

Maybe Little Woman should have been the one opening on December 13. It would have been better counter programming to Star Wars.

Little Women is the perfect movie to open on Christmas Day tbh and as was already said they probably wanted at least one week of PLF screens before Star Wars locks them up for a few weeks (I'm guessing 1917 is the next movie set to take over PLF screens when it expands wide in January). Besides, Cats is already the one opening against Star Wars for the counterprogramming money (though most of its audience is likely waiting until Christmas passes to see it anyway).

3 minutes ago, Eric Plus said:

Trying to complain about Portrait of a Lady on Fire not getting traction in America? Okay.

Using it as a scapegoat to troll about Marvel? Nah

I wasn't complaining about it not getting traction in America, I know it won't get traction here. I was saying it's dumb of NEON to go wide with it. People like the garbage Disney shits out every week like the horrible Frozen 2. No one will go. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

RT is predicting Joker gets a GG nom for Best Drama.  You think that will happen? 

Probably, yeah. But I was thinking of more than that - i.e. a shock Directing and Writing nod, maybe even score - like, have nods in all the categories where it could get it.