The Panda

The 2019 BOFFY Awards - Full Nominations Page 12 | Ballot Deadline February 27th

3 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Can i be added to the tracking team? I was one of the site’s first consistent sellout trackers and still do it occasionally :ph34r:

Adding you to the tracking team, as I do remember seeing your posts there quite a bit.

And as a side note, when voting for noms for MVP, if the members are grouped together then voting for one of them is a vote for that whole group.  So you don’t need to have Chasmmi and JJ-8 take up 2 slots for example, they’d take up one of your six slots.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, The Panda said:

Adding you to the tracking team, as I do remember seeing your posts there quite a bit.

And as a side note, when voting for noms for MVP, if the members are grouped together then voting for one of them is a vote for that whole group.  So you don’t need to have Chasmmi and JJ-8 take up 2 slots for example, they’d take up one of your six slots.

@Cap should also be added to the Tracking team

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For Your Consideration in All Categories including

Best Supporting Actor (Moises Arias)

Best Supporting Actress (Juliette Nicholson)

Best Cinematography (Jasper Wolf)

Best Original Score (Mica Levi)

91b7Kpow+PL._RI_.jpg

It's true that this Colombian film didn't make the Foreign Film shortlist, but don't let that stop you from seeking out this modern masterpiece. Taking direct inspiration from novels such as Lord of the Flies and Heart of Darkness, this cinematic fever dream follows a small military unit of Colombian children as they aim to watch over an American hostage and a conscripted milk cow. The film boasts an incredible avant-garde music score by Mica Levi. In his role as the "Jack" of the unit, Moises Arias gives a stunning performance that forever divorces him from his days as a cast member in Hannah Montana. Juliette Nicholson shines in her demanding performance as the American hostage. Monos is one of the best films of 2019, standing as further proof that Neon, as a film distributor, is very much here to stay.

P.S. Between this and Birds of Passage, we might be bearing witness to the cinematic breakout of an entire country

Edited by SLAM!
  • Like 2

For Your Consideration:

Portrait of a Lady on Fire

Portrait of a Lady on Fire.jpg

Best Actress (Adèle Haenel)

Best Cinematography (Claire Mathon)

Best Original Screenplay (Céline Sciamma)

Best Director (Céline Sciamma)

Best Foreign Film

Best Picture

Edited by Nerfy
  • Like 2
  • Astonished 1

Sometimes, I wonder why you snub me, and then, I see some of the shit y'all post. And I remember why I stop posting, lol.

Anyways, I deserve Player Of The Year for Survivor, but y'all gonna snub me anyways.

I needa do these, but I haven't seen enough of the nominees...

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

Sometimes, I wonder why you snub me, and then, I see some of the shit y'all post. And I remember why I stop posting, lol.

Anyways, I deserve Player Of The Year for Survivor, but y'all gonna snub me anyways.

I needa do these, but I haven't seen enough of the nominees...

There is no player of the year category and you didn't even make the top 5 in Survivor lol

• Haha 4
  • Astonished 1

6 hours ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

Panda and Slam liking this? Y'all down for misogyny? Okay.

It was a joke, and two, even if I didn't make Top 5, I played a hell of a game, jerk, lol.

Honestly speaking, I think you played a great game of Survivor!

FYC Best Picture, Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Actress (Cecile de France), Best Supporting Actor (Edouard Baer), Best Cinematography, Production & Costume Design (if you dig perverse period pieces like Dangerous Liaisons and The Favourite I highly recommend this one. Was released as Lady J on Netflix)

Best Picture, Best Actor, Best Actress (Anna Pniowski, who would also have been locked for the best breakout shortlist if anywhere near as many people had seen this as, say, Leave No Trace)

28311421-1125071.jpg

Best Picture, Best Actor (Andre Holland), Best Original Screenplay, Best Editing

iphone360_1136955.jpg

Best Picture, Director, Actress, Supporting Actress (Agyness Deyn), Original Screenplay, Ensemble, Cinematography, Editing, Sound, Production Design

10b0e642a0b0900a05cabc486a11fe53.jpg

Best Supporting Actor

Will-Poulter-Midsommar-700x300.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

FYC Best Picture, Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Actress (Cecile de France), Best Supporting Actor (Edouard Baer), Best Cinematography, Production & Costume Design (if you dig perverse period pieces like Dangerous Liaisons and The Favourite I highly recommend this one. Was released as Lady J on Netflix)

Best Picture, Best Actor, Best Actress (Anna Pniowski, who would also have been locked for the best breakout shortlist if anywhere near as many people had seen this as, say, Leave No Trace)

28311421-1125071.jpg

Best Picture, Best Actor (Andre Holland), Best Original Screenplay, Best Editing

iphone360_1136955.jpg

Best Picture, Director, Actress, Supporting Actress (Agyness Deyn), Original Screenplay, Ensemble, Cinematography, Editing, Sound, Production Design

10b0e642a0b0900a05cabc486a11fe53.jpg

Best Supporting Actor

Will-Poulter-Midsommar-700x300.jpg

Was she the mean jerk in Get him to the Greek?

My Final FYCs

Best Actress (Cynthia Erivo)

Image result for harriet movie"

I'm in a clear minority, but I think Harriet is a film that has a lot of merit going for it. Cynthia Erivo's performance as Harriet Tubman is excellent. I'd be really happy if she managed to get a Best Actress nod here.

Best Supporting Actress (Hilary Swank)

Best Breakthrough Actor/Filmmaker (Clara Rugaard-Larsen)

Best Villain (Mother)

i-am-mother-poster.jpg

This is a personal favorite of mine in terms of Netflix Original movies. I really hope the filmmaker launches into a lucrative science-fiction career from this point. But in the meantime, I really think Hilary Swank deserves a Best Supporting Actress nomination because she really helps make the film what it is. I'll also be voting for it in its two shortlisted categories.

Best Voice Performance (Zach Galifianakis)

Best Animated Feature

60aD46W8RuSaWUiz9IV-sli4YcF9YKj4IYqnUZjD

I think this film belongs in Best Animated Feature for the artistry and visuals alone (a la The Croods). Zach Galifianakis was a perfect choice to play the sasquatch.

Best Production Design

pope-unit-13341.jpg

They recreated the Vatican, people.

Edited by SLAM!

On 1/12/2020 at 9:48 AM, The Panda said:

Best TV Show

Barry

Chernobyl

The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance

The Expanse

Fleabag

Game of Thrones

The Good Place

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

The Mandalorian

No Good Nick

Succession

Stranger Things

True Detective

Watchmen

I haven't seen any of these but everyone please nominate No Good Nick.

Also, obligatory FYC:

On 1/12/2020 at 9:48 AM, The Panda said:

Forum Moment of the Decade

Coolio Roasts Tree

Edited by Avatree

LAST-MINUTE

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION

Parasite

ParasiteSSR3.jpg?resize=670,300&ssl=1

for Best Picture, Best Director (Bong Joon-ho), Best Ensemble, Best Supporting Actor (Song Kang-ho), Best Supporting Actress (Cho Yeo-jeong), Best Original Screenplay, Best Cinematography, Best Editing, Best Production Design, Best Hair and Makeup Design, Best Sound Design, Best Original Score (Jung Jae-il) and Best Comedy.

Jojo Rabbit

jojorabbit1.jpg

for Best Picture, Best Director (Taika Waititi), Best Ensemble, Best Supporting Actor (Sam Rockwell), Best Supporting Actress (Thomasin McKenzie), Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Editing and Best Comedy. 

Marriage Story

marriagestory8-e1574940751529-1024x640.j

for Best Picture, Best Director (Noah Baumbach), Best Ensemble, Best Actor (Adam Driver), Best Actress (Scarlett Johansson), Best Original Screenplay, Best Cinematography and Best Editing. 

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

a-beautiful-day-movie-screenshot-2.png?i

for Best Picture, Best Director (Marielle Heller), Best Supporting Actor (Tom Hanks), Best Supporting Actress (Susan Kelechi Watson), Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Editing and Best Sound Design.

Uncut Gems

Screen_Shot_2019_09_24_at_9.19.41_AM.png

for Best Picture, Best Actor (Adam Sandler), Best Original Screenplay, Best Cinematography, Best Costume Design, Best Sound Design and Best Soundtrack.

Us

US-Super-Bowl-Trailer-HD-Jordan-Peele-El

for Best Picture, Best Director (Jordan Peele), Best Actress (Lupita Nyong'o), Best Original Screenplay, Best Editing, Best Hair and Makeup Design and Best Sound Design.

The Farewell

the-farewell-director-lulu-wang-intervie

for Best Picture, Best Director (Lulu Wang), Best Actress (Awkwafina), Best Supporting Actress (Zhao Shuzhen), Best Original Screenplay, and Best Comedy.

The Irishman

ENTER-GLOBES-NOM-SS-1-MCT-900x486.jpg

for Best Ensemble, Best Actor (Robert De Niro), Best Supporting Actor (Joe Pesci), Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Editing and Best Visual Effects.

The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7uft0NlqAjwLwndP2rKZ

for Best Picture, Best Voice Performance (Tiffany Haddish), Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Comedy, Best Animated Feature and Most Soul Crushing Box Office Run.

Booksmart

png

for Best Picture, Best Actress (Kaitlyn Dever), Best Original Screenplay, Best Soundtrack and Best Comedy.

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

screen-shot-2019-05-21-at-11-11-14-am-15

for Best Ensemble, Best Supporting Actor (Brad Pitt), Best Cinematography, Best Production Design and Best Soundtrack.

Rocketman

1118full-rocketman-screenshot.jpg

for Best Picture, Best Actor (Taron Egerton), Best Costume Design, Best Hair and Makeup Design and Best Soundtrack.

Hustlers

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0dYAwiHcnY-RNDijq_CD

for Best Costume Design, Best Sound Design, Best Soundtrack and Most Epic Box Office Run.

Knives Out

knives-out-movie-screenshot-1.jpg?itok=r

for Best Ensemble, Best Production Design and Most Epic Box Office Run.

Toy Story 4

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTdBO8ZT_kDSWZHiBUSaE4

for Best Voice Performance (Tom Hanks), Best Voice Performance (Annie Potts) and Best Animated Feature.

A Madea Family Funeral

tyler-perrys-a-madea-family-funeral-ss02

for Worst Picture.

• Like 1