The Panda

The 2019 BOFFY Awards - Full Nominations Page 12 | Ballot Deadline February 27th

1 hour ago, Avatree said:

My memory sucks, what are some worthy "forum moment of the decade" moments?

That's been left open to interpretation, but good examples of a notable forum moment may include something like a club that didn't go well (Telemachos had his "Untitled Michael Man Movie Over $100M in China" club), or a user and/or scandal that affected the community (like how JamesCameronScholar was busted for having multiple accounts and using them to cheat on forum lists), or a moment where everyone was posting together in the same thread (like when the Harvey Weinstein thread was first opened). It could also be a moment that you were a part of; I plan to vote for the time I made that Samson over Black Panther club, for example. Any funny moment, any serious moment, any memorable moment can and should be voted for here.

Edited by SLAM!

23 hours ago, Blankments said:

FYC for Best Villain:

image.jpeg

amusing villain performance but the character made no sense. Trying to destroy his company's position just because Miles was rude to him one time. Complete cartoon character... quite funny though (fitting with the rest of the film).

Almost finished on my list. 

For Your Consideration:

Best Actor - Taron Edgerton

Best Sound Design

Best Soundtrack 

81pOi1Yk04L._SY679_.jpg

Best Picture

Best Actor - Eddie Murphy

Best Supporting Actor - Wesley Snipes

Best Supporting Actress - Da'Vine Joy Randolph

Best Costume Design
Best Comedy 

MV5BMzFiYWQxYzgtOThmYi00ZmIwLWFlZWMtMzk2

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 2

@The Panda @Spaghetti

For more valuable user can I nominate the tracking thread crew as a whole? @Menor @Eric Laurence @Porthos @VenomXXR @TalismanRing @DAJK @keysersoze123 @Inceptionzq and everyone else in there really stepped up after we lost Pulse. I don’t know how you pick one over the other. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The only shortlist category i'm interested in voting in is the foreign film one. Here's the ten i'd pick for that

Asako I & II

Ash is Purest White

Beanpole

I Lost My Body

Long Day's Journey Into Night

One Cut of the Dead

Pain and Glory

Parasite

Portrait of a Lady on Fire

Transit

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Cap said:

@The Panda @Spaghetti

For more valuable user can I nominate the tracking thread crew as a whole? @Menor @Eric Laurence @Porthos @VenomXXR @TalismanRing @DAJK @keysersoze123 @Inceptionzq and everyone else in there really stepped up after we lost Pulse. I don’t know how you pick one over the other. 

Your shortlist can include up to 10 votes, so you could include all of them on here

The shortlist will end up being a list of at least 12 to vote from for the main ballot that’ll be submitted at the end of the month

Edited by The Panda
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Cap said:

@The Panda @Spaghetti

Dont forget @el sid. His reports are great. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For Your Consideration

Best Supporting Actor (Jonathan Majors)

Best Original Screenplay

Best Cinematography

Best Original Score

Best Overlooked Film

Best Breakout Actor/Filmmaker (Joe Talbot)

286477R1.JPG

This has a great chance of being my last FYC before the shortlists are due. Without further ado, Joe Talbot's debut, The Last Black Man in San Francisco, is a fantastic and earnest drama that everyone should see as soon as possible. It has a conplex plot that is meaningful to the modern world in a variety of ways. This is one of my favorite movies of the year.

• Like 2

Remember short lists are due by the end of today (Saturday, the 11th)

Recall, short list ballots only need to be:

BEST BREAKOUT FILMMAKER/ACTOR 

BEST ORIGINAL SONG

BEST FOREIGN FEATURE

BEST DOCUMENTARY FEATURE

BEST OVERLOOKED FEATURE (Film without “serious” awards consideration and made under 25m at the Box Office DOM)

BEST SCENE

BEST HERO

BEST VILLAIN

BEST TV SHOW

FUNNIEST USER

MOST VALUABLE USER

FORUM MOMENT OF THE DECADE

Choose up to 10 picks for any category you wish to submit for.  We only need the votes for these categories for now.

• Like 1