sfran43

Weekend Thread: Actuals - Jumanji 2 $59.25M | Frozen 2 $19.07M | Knives Out $9.14M | Richard Jewell $4.68M | Black Christmas $4.24M

4 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

I’ve heard no one else being positive about it as of lately, and i have just recently seen the film on DVD in multiple viewings since i bought it...and been very positive to it.

I loved the new Lion King (saw it three times theatrically). It may basically be the same movie, but I always did want to see what a live action recreation of the movie would look like.

Plus the film being one of the highest grossing films of the year makes me really, really happy after all those reviews and vlogs. Quality may not equal financial success, but financial success shows the futility of negativity. I cannot wait for Star Wars to have a gigantic opening negativing all those nauseating vlogs.

Edited by Yandereprime101189
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, La Binoche said:

Omg but imagine the level of a mind that likes 2019 TLK. 

TLK had very positive WoM in India. Visuals were extraordinary. Granted I watched Hindi version which had surprisingly better (Be Prepared than English version) and overall dubbing.

Lemme put again, Visuals were EXTRAORDINARY.

For those who haven't seen the original, it was world to them. That's what happened in India.

Edited by Jedi Jat

10 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Anyway, what would be really great is if any of the original animated movies next year outdid F2 and TLK

Considering that Frozen 1 is the only original to break 400m the chances are almost nil. 

Would be great mind you, but again data doesnt support it. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Considering that Frozen 1 is the only original to break 400m the chances are almost nil. 

Would be great mind you, but again data doesnt support it. 

If Soul has IO level of reception its possible. Docter's Up grossed 293m in 2009, IO did 355m in 2015 and so its not outrageous to expect 400m in 2020.

That said I dont think that will happen. As long as its closer to IO in reception level I am happy. BO wise it needs 600m WW and that is not outrageous.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, keysersoze123 said:

If Soul has IO level of reception its possible. Docter's Up grossed 293m in 2009, IO did 355m in 2015 and so its not outrageous to expect 400m in 2020.

That said I dont think that will happen. As long as its closer to IO in reception level I am happy. BO wise it needs 600m WW and that is not outrageous.

Soul is the one that I keep thinking of as well.... hoping its at least a Zootopia/ IO repeat gross wise. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

I loved the new Lion King (saw it three times theatrically). It may basically be the same movie, but I always did want to see what a live action recreation of the movie would look like.

Plus the film being one of the highest grossing films of the year makes me really, really happy after all those reviews and vlogs. Quality may not equal financial success, but financial success shows the futility of negativity. I cannot wait for Star Wars to have a gigantic opening negativing all those nauseating vlogs.

Thanks. I thought Jon Favreau’s TLK was a really worthy film to the original 1994-version. That’s why i gave it an A (me being the 4th one here to give TLK an A).

4 hours ago, Menor said:

I thought 2019 TLK was pretty good fun, many others did too. It gets shit online but it's not like its audience scores were even bad. People are free to dislike but I don't understand the urge to shit on people for liking it.

Yeah. I loved it too. 🙋🏻‍♀️

And yeah...i don’t understand either why those who loved Favreau’s TLK, gets crapped on. It’s like whenever Favreau’s TLK even gets mentioned (by the positive ones who loved it), it’s like a disapproving groan to the haters (notmyTLK-type of haters), that could’ve just let it go and move on.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34