Eric Atreides

THE STAR WARS THE RISE OF SKYWALKER WEEKEND THREAD | Abandon all hope, ye who enter here | 177.38 DOM, 197 OS, 373.5 WW | SALE NOW LIVE

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Cats won't even make $50M total. Been a while since the musical genre saw a flat-out bomb like this.

5-6x at most imo (Father Figures and Downsizing did 5-5.3x). Cats even has a fan-base due to the musical. But TROS could have deflated it 5-6x will give it 32.5-39.0 dom.

10 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

One, how can Infinity War be made after 1st Avengers.

Two, no matter when Infinity War was made, it would have done what it did. The film is great and reason for Endgame doing what it did.

and a reason for endgame to be this big, if endgame wasnt a great movie , it wouldnt have made that much

• Like 2

Just now, MrGlass2 said:

And the artist who designed Baby Yoda as CEO of Disney.

Filoni is beloved in the Star Wars community, he would be accepted over Rian Johnson. It's clear based on these numbers that audience did not forget The Last Jedi. So Rian Johnsons trilogy can potentially be a  flop just on that merit.

Just now, Cappoedameron said:

Filoni is beloved in the Star Wars community, he would be accepted over Rian Johnson. It's clear based on these numbers that audience did not forget The Last Jedi. So Rian Johnsons trilogy can potentially be a  flop just on that merit.

Filoni is not a good director

• Thanks 3

I say a lot of dumb stuff on this forum but I hope no one finds that post I made years ago

where I said that a Star Wars movie would open to over $300M. The franchise has literally gone in the opposite direction since I made that post. I put the jinx on it :sparta:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

Hopefully this will make Disney do what needs to be done. Cancel Rian's trilogy, give the Feige card to Jon. Have Filoni and Chow take over as directors going forward and plan a cohesive story arc. Not on the fly.

Rian Johnson is 100 times more talented than either of them.

• Disbelief 2

24 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Holidays weren't placed as well for TLJ. And, it opened with two weekends before the weekend following Christmas, no? At least I think it did.

I will say, while I suspect audiences certainly like RoS more than TLJ. I don't get the sense that it's anywhere near as liked as TFA or RO. I'm thinking a multiplier between 3.1 and 3.4 at the moment.

But where is the evidence that it's liked more than TLJ by audiences? Again people just throw this out there but it's scores are lower than TLJ across the board including both audience polls like CS and PostTrak and online metrics like IMDb.

• Like 1