Eric Atreides

THE STAR WARS THE RISE OF SKYWALKER WEEKEND THREAD | Abandon all hope, ye who enter here | 177.38 DOM, 197 OS, 373.5 WW | SALE NOW LIVE

Frankly I think the Last Jedi and the rise of  Skywalker would have both immensely profited by hundreds of millions if they frankly just had something to look forward from The Last jedi.

There is a reason why Return of the Jedi broke all box office records in 1983....people were losing their mind seeing what will happen next between Vader and Luke..

There was no real great desire to see a new Star Wars movie this time... we just saw it as a formality this time..

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Doing 1B in 2019 conditions is a pretty mild/generous bar for something being a big hit, don’t see why we wouldn’t use it.

Because a movie making $850M doesn’t mean it’s NOT a hit. That’s why it shouldn’t be the bar/standard for why a movie is a hit. I mean going by that standard, then the majority of MCU movies aren’t a big hit. And I don’t think anyone would say that with a straight face. 

So I don’t know why that’s the bar for HP movies need to be a big hit. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nova said:

Because a movie making $850M doesn’t mean it’s NOT a hit. That’s why it shouldn’t be the bar/standard for why a movie is a hit. I mean going by that standard, then the majority of MCU movies aren’t a big hit. And I don’t think anyone would say that with a straight face. 

So I don’t know why that’s the bar for HP movies need to be a big hit. 

Making the equivalent of 850M in 2019 does mean that a movie was not a BIG hit.   The MCU has plenty of successful movies that I wouldn’t put in that category, but HP doesn’t have any. Acting like any of its movies performed in line with what 850M means nowadays is a disservice to them. They were all legit huge smashes comparable to 1.1B+ today, and I still don’t really understand what your problem is with talking about them that way.

2 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

SW $28.5mn

J2 $7.4mn

F2 $4.65-4.75mn

Haha, from my experience with SK Monday I was thinking that an F2 bump of the size mentioned this morning was too good to be true. Flat is great. SW number is fine but at -29% or so not a notable hold with this calendar.

• Like 2

Just now, Arendelle Legion said:

Haha, from my experience with SK Monday I was thinking that an F2 bump of the size mentioned this morning was too good to be true. Flat is great. SW number is fine but at -29% or so not a notable hold with this calendar.

Can F2 get a bump on 24th and 25th Dec ? 

4 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Hoping for a softer Christmas Eve drop to balance that out a bit.

12 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

The way DOM goes Eve will drop for sure, probably in the 30%s. Christmas Day should bump back up but probably not reach Monday.

So something like this?

Monday.....4.7.......391.9

Xmas Eve.....3.2.......395.1

Christmas....4.2....399.3

Meaning passing 400M and the original on the 26th. 

• Like 1