Eric Duncan

THE STAR WARS THE RISE OF SKYWALKER WEEKEND THREAD | Abandon all hope, ye who enter here | 177.38 DOM, 197 OS, 373.5 WW | SALE NOW LIVE

16 minutes ago, commendable said:

Commendable is back for what is arguably two of the biggest disasters in modern movie history. On the same weekend. Truly is one for the history books.

That's great.   Who are you?

37 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

Surprised but happy to see Dune in there with no trailer. I know it doesn't mean much, but maybe The Wandering Earth got China more interested in epic science fiction? (not to mention Avatar, but that was long ago).

Pretty sure The New Mutants won't be the Marvel movie with Game of Thrones actor that will make a ton of money over there.

22 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Once upon a time in Hollywood and Irishman?

They anticipated the film that may not be even shown in china.  

Well that's not up to Chinese moviegoers unfortunately...

Edited by MrGlass2

• Community Manager
2 hours ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Whatever comes after this Star Wars, I have a feeling the next trilogy will have a more unified vision.

I do believe people will still loudly complain, but then again, it is Star Wars so water is wet and all of that jazz.

I Thank God I never had a a computer when the prequel trilogy came out because I'd have lost my damn mind. I've lost enough of it with the sequel bashing, regardless of whether or not people made sense about their opinion or just doing it because views.

I wouldn't worry about the next trilogy. After years of TV shows and spin-off movies, the next trilogy is going to act and feel like other franchises. TLJ didn't kill Star Wars. Disney did when Star Wars went from being special to just another franchise. Star Wars will likely never have the same success as it did with TFA/RO.

• Like 3
  • Disbelief 1

I've been out of the loop. Is sub-1B really in the cards here? 

I remember being told for months that it was a sure thing 9 would beat 8 at the box office because that's how the other two trilogies functioned, which completely ignores the context around these movies and the state of the movie industries when they were all released.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mekanos said:

I remember being told for months that it was a sure thing 9 would beat 8 at the box office because that's how the other two trilogies functioned, which completely ignores the context around these movies and the state of the movie industries when they were all released.

It's still very unlikely, but not impossible.

And yes, that kind of reasoning was extremely shortsighted to say the least.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

The Fandom Menace happened, they are the tea party of the star wars universe

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

I wouldn't worry about the next trilogy. After years of TV shows and spin-off movies, the next trilogy is going to act and feel like other franchises. TLJ didn't kill Star Wars. Disney did when Star Wars went from being special to just another franchise. Star Wars will likely never have the same success as it did with TFA/RO.

I think this is mostly the way I see it, although that special feeling started wearing off for me when Lucas did the second trilogy. Yeah, I know, more sequel bashing. They did not live up to the original trilogy, though, and diluted the franchise. What Disney is doing is far worse though.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

Eeeeyy Mekanos. Long time no see.    

Sub 1B is possible but still unlikely. Sub RO or Joker could be pretty real, we’ll see.   

Yeah, the “1>3>2 for sure because that’s how it was with an N of 2 one of which was over 3 decades ago” brigade was always highly suspect.