Eric Duncan

THE STAR WARS THE RISE OF SKYWALKER WEEKEND THREAD | Abandon all hope, ye who enter here | 177.38 DOM, 197 OS, 373.5 WW | SALE NOW LIVE

1 minute ago, JB33 said:

Eff you Deadline! Eff you! Now I'm going to go to bed with some hope and the real number is going to be $35M or below!

Even they couldn't fuck up that much right?!?  I just want it to start with a 4 now.  Give me just $40m at the nose and I'll be ok with that.  But if it is $45m like they have, that's just awesome.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FTF said:

Even they couldn't fuck up that much right?!?  I just want it to start with a 4 now.  Give me just $40m at the nose and I'll be ok with that.  But if it is $45m like they have, that's just awesome.

Well you'd think not, but I trust our resident trackers a lot and a few of them suggested the number could go pretty freaking low so I'm not counting it out.

That being said, if WOM is indeed positive and the preview number is bigger than we all expected, there's yet another positive outcome here: the internal multi could be better than we all think as well. @keysersoze123 already mentioned that the Sunday hold could be really good, but we may also see a bigger Saturday increase (from true Friday) than any of us expect. Right now I'm expecting the standard 9 or 10% that both TFA and TLJ had.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Some guy at the very beginning, when it was silent "a long time ago..." stuff shouted

WAIT... THIS ISN'T CATS????

That got a prey big laugh from everyone. 

I didn't know @Plain Old Tele was vacationing up in Canada.  He should have let you know so you could say "Hi." :)

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Menor said:

If Deadline's number is correct then it must have gotten some kind of ridiculous numbers at small chains. MTC numbers were pointing to high 30s.

I can definitely say that the smaller chains in Michigan sold significantly better than the big chain that I was tracking.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Akiraptor said:

People who were hoping for sub-R1 numbers before the Deadline estimates came out, and then after:

5u69LPe.gif

HAHA! Perfect. I mean, that's me too, except I wasn't laughing before going WTF (at Deadline's last report).

12 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Some guy at the very beginning, when it was silent "a long time ago..." stuff shouted

WAIT... THIS ISN'T CATS????

That got a prey big laugh from everyone. 

Pretty sure if I saw that same kind of thing happen in my theater, my reaction probably would have gone something like this...

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, ZackM said:

I can definitely say that the smaller chains in Michigan sold significantly better than the big chain that I was tracking.

For reference:

Major Chain
12/19/2019 Showings Seats Left Total Seats Seats Sold Pct. Sold
Total 208 23,683 35,207 11,524 32.73%

Small Chains
12/19/2019 Showings Seats Left Total Seats Seats Sold Pct. Sold
Total 123 6,053 19,906 13,853 69.59%
  • Like 3
  • Astonished 2