Eric Atreides

THE STAR WARS THE RISE OF SKYWALKER WEEKEND THREAD | Abandon all hope, ye who enter here | 177.38 DOM, 197 OS, 373.5 WW | SALE NOW LIVE

I like JJ Abrams so I'd never HOPE for his film to fail. Expecting something and HOPING for it are two very different things.

I think it would be hilarious if Skywalker had better word of mouth than The Last Jedi. Too Online critics deny it when asked but it's obvious that they believe that they decide which movies are loved and hated. That's why they freaked out so much about Joker's incoming success and The Last Jedi not being beloved by Joe and Jane Audience members. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I like JJ Abrams so I'd never HOPE for his film to fail. Expecting something and HOPING for it are two very different things.

I think it would be hilarious if Skywalker had better word of mouth than The Last Jedi. Too Online critics deny it when asked but it's obvious that they believe that they decide which movies are loved and hated. That's why they freaked out so much about Joker's incoming success and The Last Jedi not being beloved by Joe and Jane Audience members. 

it seems better so far, TLJ had a low 70% on opening night and was rotten after the first day on RT, even with a coordinated troll effort its all audience is score is 78%. I think people were optimistic about TLJ and were not down voting SW before they saw the film.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Noctis said:

I'll say it now: there's almost no chance whatsoever of this film hitting $45m let alone $48m for previews. I think Deadline will be way off here...we should see soon enough anyway but I'm expecting something much closer to $40m.

What did TLJ get for previews? Wasn't TFA $57M or something like that?

The #1 WW Trend on Twitter right now?

TheRiseOfSkywalker.

The #2 WW Trend?

RiseOfSkywalker.

Lol.  Don't even care if it's angry tweets back and forth, just lol that those are 1 and 2 right now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

After watching the film. Here's to MCU, when every popular franchise is bleeding, here's one that is keeping its fan base happy and growing with each film.

strangely after Endgame i'm good but after TRoS i want more.  More to do with output, i just want a break, 3-4 films a year is too much for me.

I saws it last night. 9:45 showing in Milton (Toronto suburb). Theatre was probably just under halfway full. 

You can definitely see why it's received mix reviews. There are flaws, but there's enough there for people to latch onto. For myself, I felt the film lacked enough great moments to really outweigh its flaws. There's a handful of action moments that impress, but even then, not enough that they'll be among the first moments I think of when I think of Star Wars. 

Box office wise, even with a lower attended showing than I thought I'd see, I think it should do $180-190M for the weekend. If you were planning on seeing it, the word of mouth is gold enough thrt it won't deter many people already leaning towards seeing it. 

The fact that it's the last weekend before Christmas (as opposed to the second last line the last two films) means that business should be strong Saturday and Sunday. Holidays will be starting for most schools, so people willing have time. 

47 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

After watching the film. Here's to MCU, when every popular franchise is bleeding, here's one that is keeping its fan base happy and growing with each film.

That’s bait.

Let’s not start fanboy wars in the weekend thread please. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A few thoughts from me (first, sorry for my bad english).

I hated The Last Jedi, it was beautiful directed but come on! the missed the amrk with the whole Fin Rose story line. The people behind this movies are being paid millions of dollars, the have the responsibility to deliver a god product and TLJ wasn't one.

I watched The OT in VHS, then i watched this movies at the cinema when my loved George Lucas released the with the digital changes.

I watched TPM, AOTC and rots at the theaters, i loved them all 3. And i watched all the last 3 movies at te cinema too.

I watched TROS yesterday and i love it!!!! it was so much fun and so entertaining and well directed, the last scenes with (don't know if i can write names for the spoilers policy) but fuc... me this was awesome and so cinematic, it was so awesome watching this in the big screen, i loved, i am gonna watch it again tonight, i told my boyfriend to watch it together but he only watched Episode IV when i came out at the theater ( i am really considering to dumping him lol, but now my goal is to watch this movies with him in blu ray together).

They really missed the mark after Episode VII established Fin, Rey and Ren so well to make this characters in TLJ more awesome so they can used them in the next movies, JJ Abrahams did everything he could but TLJ just fucked this up.

Also, for me, they can make 10 movies every year and i will watch them, but i want them to make GOOD movies, this is not so hard to ask, and is not trolling, i love this movies, they make millions in profit, the writers make a lot of money, come on, write good star wars movies and cohesive and coherent stony lines.

Also, the Kennedy lady, i don't have nothing against her, but if she truly was in charge of this trilogy she just didnt do a good job, creatively and commercially. I know this lastet movies made humungus amount of money, but they had the potential to make so much more so this is money that the owners missed getting.

Gonna watch the movie for the second time again today and then in digital.

I want this movie to exceed expectations money was because i want more Star Wars Movies this next years, but i want good movies of course.

Edited by edmkh
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

even with the Doom and Gloom I was seeing a  opening over a hundred ninety million dollars because regardless of all the issues Star Wars it's still a very popular brand especially in North America.

Maybe it's just having a soft opening in the greater Toronto area lol. On the page before there was a guy saying he was in Milton and his theatre was only half-full. In Brampton there's lots of seats available at the Silver City here. Even at courtney park there's only two sellouts. It just seems to be very soft here in Toronto and the greater Toronto area. But if it really does open up to 45 million for previews that's a pretty strong number.