Eric Atreides

THE STAR WARS THE RISE OF SKYWALKER WEEKEND THREAD | Abandon all hope, ye who enter here | 177.38 DOM, 197 OS, 373.5 WW | SALE NOW LIVE

1 minute ago, baumer said:

Maybe it's just having a soft opening in the greater Toronto area lol. On the page before there was a guy saying he was in Milton and his theatre was only half-full. In Brampton there's lots of seats available at the Silver City here. Even at courtney park there's only two sellouts. It just seems to be very soft here in Toronto and the greater Toronto area. But if it really does open up to 45 million for previews that's a pretty strong number.

Maybe the Last Jedi was more disliked in Canada...

Lol jk

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, baumer said:

Maybe it's just having a soft opening in the greater Toronto area lol. On the page before there was a guy saying he was in Milton and his theatre was only half-full. In Brampton there's lots of seats available at the Silver City here. Even at courtney park there's only two sellouts. It just seems to be very soft here in Toronto and the greater Toronto area. But if it really does open up to 45 million for previews that's a pretty strong number.

I'm the Miltonite, and yeah, theatre was half full. However, it's a family oriented town, and many people may be waiting until today when schools shut down. 

Ticket sales seem stronger today from what I can see. Schools let out early, and I'm sure many adults are starting their holidays as well. 

For Ontario, I'm also wondering if Wednesday high school strikes may have an impact. Maybe the teenager crowd has been getting enough movies in midweek this past month that it reduced the demand a bit. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Well, they released it in 4406 theaters to get to 200M so that's guaranteed now unless it's going to be frontloaded af. Once again America comes to SW rescue.

How are OS numbers, Perkele breakout aside?

U.K. moviegoers say hi! 
We have shelled out monster money for this trilogy too.  Relatively speaking, the final gross in the U.K. for TFA was even more ludicrous than the US final. 

Joker - relatively speaking an even bigger hit over here than in the states. 

Consider an ultra saturated release to be in about 700 cinemas in the U.K.  TFA made $175 million over here. Insane. 

3 hours ago, Deathlife said:

Lololol...so much for the angry fanboy boycott...

Even if estimates come in and at $40m+, it's still massive.

I consider myself a pretty big SW fanboy, so can someone tell me what i'm supposed to be angry about with this film?, i loved it.

The Last Jedi on the other hand....

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

U.K. moviegoers say hi! 
We have shelled out monster money for this trilogy too.  Relatively speaking, the final gross in the U.K. for TFA was even more ludicrous than the US final. 

Joker - relatively speaking an even bigger hit over here than in the states. 

Consider an ultra saturated release to be in about 700 cinemas in the U.K.  TFA made $175 million over here. Insane. 

In short, this turkey will be saved and more sequels on the way. they will not get away next time.

I think overall that j j abrams poor and uninspired vision is more in line with what sells in NA. 

Underdog: For some reason NA, Europe and asia prefers different kind of horrors it seems to me. In europe the unknown can scare the TFA of everyone, in asia it is ghosts that scares the TFA out of everyone, and in America its the slasher that scares the TFA out of everyone.

just a thought, no trilling, but If someone wants to argue with that she/he is more than welcome to do so. Otherwise we can leave it and move along

14 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

No numbers are guaranteed until we see those final midnight and opening day numbers. I wish people cheering for and against the film would understand that.

I know you're just speaking in general. But I hope you're not lumping me into either one of those groups. I love Star Wars and I hope it does well. I was just reporting yesterday that based on what I saw from my to closest theatres to me, that there were only four sellers between them. That really wasn't looking all that good.

4 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

I consider myself a pretty big SW fanboy, so can someone tell me what i'm supposed to be angry about with this film?, i loved it.

The Last Jedi on the other hand....

Do you really give a fuck with anyone else thinks about your opinion LOL? You love what you love and you don't have to explain it to anybody. I hope i love this movie and I can't wait to see it as well.

• Like 3

This isnt the first time there has been some kind of organized backlash against a film, complete with horror stories about ticket cancelations, half full/quarter full theatres, then the film does gangbusters.

Also regardless of the haters, i'll bet my right hand (and i use that hand for everyhting he he) that the casual SW fans/general movie going audience likes this film a lot more than The Lst Jedi, and the film ends up having better legs, regardless of its opening.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

I think overall that j j abrams poor and uninspired vision is more in line with what sells in NA. 

Underdog: For some reason NA, Europe and asia prefers different kind of horrors it seems to me. In europe the unknown can scare the TFA of everyone, in asia it is ghosts that scares the TFA out of everyone, and in America its the slasher that scares the TFA out of everyone.

just a thought, no trilling, but If someone wants to argue with that she/he is more than welcome to do so. Otherwise we can leave it and move along

TFA did $2B WW.  Though not huge in Asia (sans Japan) or L.A.  it was enormous in Europe, Japan & Australia

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

Do you really give a fuck with anyone else thinks about your opinion LOL? You love what you love and you don't have to explain it to anybody. I hope i love this movie and I can't wait to see it as well.

No of course not, especially after reading a shit ton of reviews and clearly seeing how many of the critics were pissed off with the fanboy reaction to The Lsst Jedi, a film the critics loved.

I just feel Abrams had an impossible job on his hand, and he almost pulled off that impossible job. I honestly dont get why people have a problem with the film, some people even praying it flops. Just go and enjoy the film and remember the tatters Rian Johnson left the trilogy in.

• Like 2

I really enjoyed TROS regarding all the doom and gloom. Disney really fucked up big this franchise and I hope they course correct this ship in the future. My ranking for SW now

1 ESB

2 ANH

3 ROTS

4 RO

5 TFA

6 TROS

7 TPM

8 ROTJ

9 TCW

10 SOLO

Any Sharknado movie

TLJ, I hated this movie a lot and hate it more with each viewing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 2