Eric Atreides

THE STAR WARS THE RISE OF SKYWALKER WEEKEND THREAD | Abandon all hope, ye who enter here | 177.38 DOM, 197 OS, 373.5 WW | SALE NOW LIVE

2 minutes ago, Movie nerd said:

That’s nonsense, GOT Season 8 didn't hit sweet spot with GA, at all. 

It was the most-watched series in the world, and now the DVD sales are dominating every other TV show (not that there is a lot of competition in the age of streaming).

• ...wtf 3

1 minute ago, MrGlass2 said:

It was the most-watched series in the world, and now the DVD sales are dominating every other TV show (not that there is a lot of competition in the age of streaming).

Lol what a stupid logic, of course it was the most watched TV show becouse it was the finale season of the most popular tv show in the world, everybody wanted to know how it ends. In no shape or form it was an indicator of how this season was recieved and liked. 

As to DVD sales, many people are buying complete set of whole series. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Took the morning off to see this. I hope it’s good. I was bullish on Solo and it disappointed me both expectation wise and box office performance wise. I didn’t love TLJ. I am one of few SW fans who really liked the prequels. I don’t really see why people hate them so much. I hope I like this one more than TLJ.

My SW rankings:

Empire Strikes Back

Revenge of The Sith

Return of the Jedi

The Force Awakens

Attack of the Clones

A New Hope

The Phantom Menace

The Last Jedi

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Logic, ladies and gents.:rofl:

Edited by reddevil19

6 minutes ago, darthdevidem01 said:

A TLJ home video outsold black panther and IW moment

Except it didn't - not even on hard media.   AIW was also ahead in digital sales (Disney's then #1)

AIW: 4.7m

https://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Avengers-Infinity-War#tab=video-sales

BP: 4.548m

https://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Black-Panther#tab=video-sales

ROTJ:: 3.85m

https://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Star-Wars-Ep-VIII-The-Last-Jedi#tab=video-sales

19 minutes ago, darthdevidem01 said:

A TLJ home video outsold black panther and IW moment

BP and IW outsold TLJ by a pretty significant margins on home video domestically. IW's international sales were also likely much higher.

Disney tends to prioritze the digital release, IW sold more digitally as well

EDIT: Sorry for the redundant content, didn't see TalismanRing's post

Edited by Justin4125

7 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Will be pretty funny if it has a pretty much identical domestic run to TLJ. 

I'd expect with the likely lower opening ($20M or so seems best case), it should have at least the TLJ multiplier...

When I was thinking $171M for the weekend for the last few weeks, I also thought TLK's DOM was a good over/under number to shoot for off the open...and that would have given this movie a better multiplier than TLJ...but I also expected this movie to be a JL type - better (but not being better than "good") and less divisive than its predecessor, held down OW by its predecessor's shadow, but limping a little better through its run off the lower opening...

Avengers Infinity war was Disney's top digital sale ever in its first week. Come to think IW may be best digital sale for a movie ever in its first week. 

I hope we get to know more about digital charts. 

Captain Marvel also sold lot on digital media was No. 1 at ITunes for 5-6 weeks. 

Edited by Madhuvan