Eric Atreides

THE STAR WARS THE RISE OF SKYWALKER WEEKEND THREAD | Abandon all hope, ye who enter here | 177.38 DOM, 197 OS, 373.5 WW | SALE NOW LIVE

4 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

What do you mean least tied to the original trilogy? Rogue One might as well be Episode 3.9 as it leads directly into Episode 4. Love that movie and love how it ties into the OT

Yeah that was a weird one, Rogue One is the closest one to the orig trilogy.

Edited by stuart360
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, misafeco said:

Dammit, I'm out of likes already.

How does the Premium Account 5$+10$ per month work? Does it cost 5$ for one month and 10$ for the next?

Yep, first month is 5 and after that it will renew for 10/month

17 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

What do you mean least tied to the original trilogy? Rogue One might as well be Episode 3.9 as it leads directly into Episode 4. Love that movie and love how it ties into the OT

I should have specified: As in it doesn’t involve Han Solo, Luke Skywalker etc Of course it’s tied into it as it’s a prologue of sorts but the movie doesn’t depend on the famous characters from the original Star Wars films to sell itself.

Edited by Nova

• Community Manager
15 minutes ago, misafeco said:

Dammit, I'm out of likes already.

How does the Premium Account 5$+10$ per month work? Does it cost 5$ for one month and 10$ for the next?

Yes but you can cancel before it charges $10. I don't think it renews automatically (could be wrong).

1 hour ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

Those are weak numbers both OS and DOM (I have no idea why a sub $200m OW DOM should be celebrated for the final movie). I'm glad things are back to normal, that wave of positivism brought by Deadline's stupid numbers scared me for a bit. :) 

Do you ever stop? I think I'm going to thread ban you just because of your blatant and constant negativity. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

Man i gotta say its such a relaxing feeling to enjoy pretty much every one of these new star wars films. I love TFA, i really like both Rogue One and Last Jedi and the only one i dont care for is Solo. Im pretty sure i will like TROS tomorrow as well.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:

Is “positive” and “definite recommend” the same metric though?

No they aren't. There's a score for how much you like it, and another one about whether you would recommend it to your friends. They are two seperate things. A definite recommend is the hightest rating you can give on the recommend chart (followed obviously by recommend, etc.)

The Horror of Lucas Films highlighted the wrong numbers anyway. The general audience sat at 89% positive, which is basically identical with the other ones,

Edited by George Parr
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, John Marston said:

of course Star Wars isn't dead, but it needs course correction. This should likely (and will likely be done)

-limit Kathleen Kennedy's power. Keep her away from the creative side of things

-make sure Rian's trilogy is officially axed and he will never be involved with SW again

-get rid of and replace the story group. Show Pablo Hidalgo and the others out the door like they did with Kiri Hart earlier this year

-put Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni in charge. With Kevin Feige as a consultant

f24.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

11 minutes ago, MattW said:

Yep, first month is 5 and after that it will renew for 10/month

8 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Yes but you can cancel before it charges $10. I don't think it renews automatically (could be wrong).

Thank you! :)

Need to create a PayPal account first though.

21 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:

Is “positive” and “definite recommend” the same metric though?

They are not but Last Jedi is higher. TROS is closer to Rogue one but they didn't label it definite on that article. 

https://deadline.com/2017/12/the-last-jedi-star-wars-box-office-thursday-night-preview-record-1202227654/

Last Jedi is propped by 93% certified fresh on Rotten Tomatoes and an 82% definite recommend from PostTrak audiences.

https://deadline.com/2016/12/rogue-one-star-wars-story-preview-box-office-social-media-1201871704/

Overall moviegoers’ recommend rate is at 77% which is still strong despite Force Awakens carrying an 88% thumbs up.

• Thanks 1