Eric Atreides

THE STAR WARS THE RISE OF SKYWALKER WEEKEND THREAD | Abandon all hope, ye who enter here | 177.38 DOM, 197 OS, 373.5 WW | SALE NOW LIVE

5 minutes ago, Snark88 said:

So is this gonna be like TFA where people love it at first because it's safe and full of fan service, but once the dust settles and people think about it more, opinions on it get worse over time?

Regardless, what anyone says SW7 had great WOM with GA. You don't get 3.78 multi without that.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Force Ghost Cap said:

Can’t be. There is no gay sex. 

Well, it’s Disney, so naturally just gonna be some safe “Teen and up audiences.”    

I think following has been mentioned in articles and press tours and is not actually a spoiler, but being cautious:

Spoiler

We all know where that gay kiss was leading though :ph34r:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, esmeralda said:

Star Wars movies should be compared with Star Wars movies.  

Okay, how's this for comparison - TFA has sold more Blu-rays than the Complete Saga has, by almost double.  It's actually almost sold as much as both the Complete Sage and Original Trilogy combined.  

TFA on blu-ray is a rare beast.  

• Like 1

I actually think it's a good thing if it does less than TLJ. Because if it were to surpass TLJ, I'd be concerned the lesson Disney/LF would learn from that.

"Aha, so we need to do less risk taking, and focus more on the familiar and nostalgic. We have to keep playing it safe."

Edited by Snark88
  • Thanks 1

That's all people do is panic in these threads.

The opening is fine, nobody is going to claim that 190mil opening weekend is in anyway BAD. Fact is though, the opening would be much better if The Last Jedi had done its job. We would be talking about a 250-275mil opening weekend then.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 4