Eric Duncan

THE STAR WARS THE RISE OF SKYWALKER WEEKEND THREAD | Abandon all hope, ye who enter here | 177.38 DOM, 197 OS, 373.5 WW | SALE NOW LIVE

5 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

It's not me, it's Deadline

Disney/Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker powered up its light sabers in 46 material offshore markets through Thursday, grossing $59.1M at the international box office. That includes China where the force is, unsurprisingly, not strong with this final installment. Elsewhere, Episode IX has seen launches above Star Wars: The Last Jedi in most majors

https://deadline.com/2019/12/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-opening-weekend-china-global-international-box-office-1202814799/

I would trust a random BOT poster more than Deadline when it comes to box office analysis.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

Disney/Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker powered up its light sabers in 46 material offshore markets through Thursday, grossing $59.1M at the international box office. That includes China where the force is, unsurprisingly, not strong with this final installment. Elsewhere, Episode IX has seen launches above Star Wars: The Last Jedi in most majors

https://deadline.com/2019/12/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-opening-weekend-china-global-international-box-office-1202814799/

For example, in Japan, TLJ made 66M, and Corpse is saying 70-80 is achievable for TROS. If it increases a bit from TLJ in Japan, Australia, NZ, Germany, France, UK, and holds in the rest, the 712 from TLJ can easily rise up to 800M intl. Given it's the (theorically) last installment in the saga, i'd say it can increase a bit in every market, or at least stay flat from TLJ. Not's saying 1B intl, but below 750M would surprise me.

Anyway, if it's not 650/850/1500 but 600/750/1350, it would still be in a tight fight for "higher ww" with F2. 

Yeah, but that deadline quote isn't really supported by the data coming fron the countries.

Japan seems to be doing well, and Germany might actually pull through in the end as well (though starting a day earlier makes comparisons tough), but all the other core markets haven't shown any sign of improving over TLJ. In most cases they are quite a bit behind right now. Exchange rates seem to fall on the weaker side as well, which might make matching TLJ even tougher.

• Like 4

"There's no question we will beat Endgame. I didn't want to sound snarky but the Fox deal has a contractual obligation for Disney to keep on buying tickets till we are over Endgame." - J Cameron

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

For example, in Japan, TLJ made 66M, and Corpse is saying 70-80 is achievable for TROS. If it increases a bit from TLJ in Japan, Australia, NZ, Germany, France, UK, and holds in the rest, the 712 from TLJ can easily rise up to 800M intl. Given it's the (theorically) last installment in the saga, i'd say it can increase a bit in every market, or at least stay flat from TLJ. Not's saying 1B intl, but below 750M would surprise me.

Anyway, if it's not 650/850/1500 but 600/750/1350, it would still be in a tight fight for "higher ww" with F2. 

Lol what kind of bs is Deadline saying. Practically everywhere it's below TLJ. Just one more reason not to trust Deadline.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, water said:

B+ it's over 😂😂😂

TLK opened with 192 and had A getting it to 550 or whatever. TROS is about to open lower and with a Justice League B+ 500 is out of reach. OS is -20% and reception is even worse than NA so 500 will also be difficult. 1b ceiling!

A lot of folks who loved TLJ soured on it once they realized they’d been had. You ask the same audience now it wouldn’t be more than B+ 

7 minutes ago, water said:

B+ it's over 😂😂😂

TLK opened with 192 and had A getting it to 550 or whatever. TROS is about to open lower and with a Justice League B+ 500 is out of reach. OS is -20% and reception is even worse than NA so 500 will also be difficult. 1b ceiling!

sure.

8 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

I litteraly gave you a list with all the countries we indvidualy track in the OS forum.

TLJ openend higher in almost every market. In the most important ones Germany, UK, France, Japan, Australia only Japan was basicly flat. All the others where down between 11% - 20%

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

So the conspiracy theory came from We Got This Covered. Figures. 

Tbf, there were legitimate screenshots of whole sections on the side being unavailable. But I’m pretty sure those seats were, for whatever reason, just unavailable to use or it was a glitch. It seems to be fixed now, but a while back I took screenshots from Maleficent and Black & Blue showings and it had the same thing.

https://ibb.co/album/j4LLLa

So really it was just people jumping to conclusions because they already made up their minds about Disney buying tickets.

3 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:

Tbf, there were legitimate screenshots of whole sections on the side being unavailable. But I’m pretty sure those seats were, for whatever reason, just unavailable to use or it was a glitch. It seems to be fixed now, but a while back I took screenshots from Maleficent and Black & Blue showings and it had the same thing.

So really it was just people jumping to conclusions because they already made up their minds about Disney buying tickets.

yeah they want to see what they want to see. CM is a flop that Disney turned into a hit by buying tickets themselves. TROS is a flop that Disney tries to turn into a hit by buying tickets thesmelves. Even they don't believe in that crap for real but just take potshots cause they can't do anything else to cope. 

2 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:

But what about the people actually sitting in empty sold out screens? Are they all crazy conspiracy theorists? Some of them might be trolling I’m not claiming to know but it’s certainly interesting to see what’s happening and just by me mentioning those people a bunch of people on here start acting like children hurling insults. Like do some of you own stocks in Disney or something, why so defensive?

Anyway,

I know that historically OWs for Blockbusters skew male. But those demos @TwoMisfits posted and the drop in women and youth from TLJ really, really, really makes me pause. 

Without getting into spoilers, there are definitely spoilers that once they get out will stop some of those demos from coming out. And if you want a long-term healthy fandom for feature Star Wars products, you just can’t hemorrhage the female fan base like that. 

asks russian GIF

• Like 3