Eric Duncan

THE STAR WARS THE RISE OF SKYWALKER WEEKEND THREAD | Abandon all hope, ye who enter here | 177.38 DOM, 197 OS, 373.5 WW | SALE NOW LIVE

Oh my god its true.  I just spot checked my local theater and I saw the same thing.

yXfChlO.png

Spoiler

It took me 30 seconds to photoshop this.  

Let me guess... the guy that started this has a youtube channel he makes money from

• Like 2
  • Haha 8
  • Astonished 1

28 minutes ago, Force Ghost Cap said:

Anyway,

I know that historically OWs for Blockbusters skew male. But those demos @TwoMisfits posted and the drop in women and youth from TLJ really, really, really makes me pause. 

Without getting into spoilers, there are definitely spoilers that once they get out will stop some of those demos from coming out. And if you want a long-term healthy fandom for feature Star Wars products, you just can’t hemorrhage the female fan base like that. 

asks russian GIF

Yeah, I couldn't really comment when I saw them cause I had a couple other things going on, but the demographic splits almost give me more pause than the CS. It seems like almost as many M25+ showed up to TROS as TLJ, maybe more. But then the other 3 demos dropped by an even greater % than the overall drop. It almost reminds me of how Disney SW has been rejected in newer OS markets. Disney can’t be happy with that when they had to be hoping (and trying to actively pursue) exactly the opposite trend for long-term reasons.

25 minutes ago, VENOM said:

When the corporate media says jump they say how high.

“The corporate media is so fake. I only get my news from social media and YouTube. No agendas there!”

This is like when a 30-year-old told me with a straight face that politicians really only care about being re-elected. Yeah, bro, we know. Most of us figured this out when we were 10. It’s a little concerning you think it’s profound when you’re as old as you are.

Edited by ViewerAnon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

Oh my god its true.  I just spot checked my local theater and I saw the same thing.

yXfChlO.png

Reveal hidden contents

They hate the movie, but so do the critics, many of the same critics that loved TLJ.  Also the user reviews are good, but they will claim shenanigans.  So I really hope this thing grows legs and shocks everyone because I want to see how far they will tie themselves into knots trying to explain it all, lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ViewerAnon said:

“The corporate media is so fake. I only get my news from social media and YouTube. No agendas there!”

This is like when a 30-year-old told me with a straight face that politicians really only care about being re-elected. Yeah, bro, we know. Most of us figured this out when we were 10. It’s a little concerning you think it’s profound when you’re as old as you are.

Not that I'm defending that poster, but you'd be surprised just how naive the majority of the population is. That being the case, it actually is kind of profound when someone finally realizes the media is a joke and most of the time not to be trusted.

3 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Not that I'm defending that poster, but you'd be surprised just how naive the majority of the population is. That being the case, it actually is kind of profound when someone finally realizes the media is a joke and most of the time not to be trusted.

The world is full of agendas. Shocking, I know.

For example, a fella called Doomcock (lol) asking people on Thursday night for pictures of empty seats in TROS screenings? He’s hedging his bets. If TROS disappoints, it’s “Haha Disney, look at all those empty seats!” If TROS performs well, it’s “Disney is rigging the game, here’s proof!”

Why, it’s almost like the “truth” doesn’t matter, and he can manipulate the story into the narrative he wants to sell no matter what :)

Edited by ViewerAnon
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, john2000 said:

thats wrong according to my sources , that told me that captain marvels ow is fake, i learn and again this is very secret information, but here it goes , disney not only is buying movie tickets but also their theme park tickets, they have spend more than 50 billion

I can confirm my Disney World trip in October was completely free. Bob was afraid BOT were on to him and wanted me to try and talk the conspiracy down, so paid.  

Can only imagine how he must be feeling if he’s reading the thread. 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29e504ccee9bd09ca57b

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, ViewerAnon said:

The world is full of agendas. Shocking, I know.

For example, a fella called Doomcock (lol) asking people on Thursday night for pictures of empty seats in TROS screenings? He’s hedging his bets. If TROS disappoints, it’s “Haha Disney, look at all those empty seats!” If TROS performs well, it’s “Disney is rigging the game, here’s proof!”

Why, it’s almost like the “truth” doesn’t matter, and he can manipulate the story into the narrative he wants to sell no matter what :)

He might be the worst of the worst which is saying A LOT about youtubers.

3 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

Was the opening weekend breakdown by the sexes this skewed for the other 2 movies?  I find it crazy that it's 2/3, 1/3...and 10% women under 25?

Updated PostTrak for Skywalker shows guys over 25 (43%) in attendance followed by men under 25 (24%), females 25+ (22%), and females under 25 (10%). 

Is this for Thursday only or Thursday-Saturday?

If the whole weekend is that skewed (TFA and TLJ were both 58% male while this is 67) then that's an apocalyptic change in demographics and coupled with B+ cinemascore you can completely say goodbye to any chance of legs.