Eric Atreides

THE STAR WARS THE RISE OF SKYWALKER WEEKEND THREAD | Abandon all hope, ye who enter here | 177.38 DOM, 197 OS, 373.5 WW | SALE NOW LIVE

23 minutes ago, RthRise said:

Couple hrs ago had TROS  Sat about 48m try update later if any change

What if it goes lower than that? Just based on looking around, I now don't foresee really good word of mouth happening. It's too early to say for sure of course. It just seems like so many fans are disappointed.

• Like 2

People may claim whatever they want but Disney wasn't happy with TLJ box office. Their lack of confidence was clearly visible in Solo marketing. Solo bombing pretty much shocked them. 

This year Captain Marvel was better marketed movie than Star Wars. 

• Like 3

Just now, Madhuvan said:

People may claim whatever they want but Disney wasn't happy with TLJ box office. Their lack of confidence was clearly visible in Solo marketing. Solo bombing pretty much shocked them. 

This year Captain Marvel was better marketed movie than Star Wars. 

Fans claim a lot of untrue things. WB were happy with Man of Steel and Batman v Superman's box office supposedly. Disney totally expected the critically acclaimed Star Wars movie to drop 700mil from its predecessor. 

Also Knives Out doing well doesn't mean that it's a smart idea to bring Johnson back to Star Wars. I personally think that his trilogy will never happen. Crazier things have happened before though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

I was hoping maybe night show have some improvement, but naah.

$47.5-48mn Approx.

Rest at same place, as few hours back, may be slightly better.

So like $1.2M~1.5M above Rogue One's first Sat. 20% drop on Sunday would be 176.4M for the weekend. Would need a 2.83× multiplier for $500M (TLJ had a 2.82 multiplier). 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Fans claim a lot of untrue things. WB were happy with Man of Steel and Batman v Superman's box office supposedly. Disney totally expected the critically acclaimed Star Wars movie to drop 700mil from its predecessor. 

Also Knives Out doing well doesn't mean that it's a smart idea to bring Johnson back to Star Wars. I personally think that his trilogy will never happen. Crazier things have happened before though.

I am actually happy that Knives Out is doing good. I hope Rian Johnson is always busy in these type of movies. 

He should never come back to Lucasfilm. The verdict is clear as ever. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

After day of digesting TRoS I will rank

1. The Last Jedi: 8/10
  2. The Force Awakens: 8/10
  3. Empire Strikes Back: 7/10
  4. Star Wars: 7/10
  5. The Rise of Skywalker: 6/10
  6. Revenge of Sith
  7. The Attack of Clones
  8. Return of Jedi: 4/10
  9. The Phantom Menace: 4/10

TFA and TLJ so high? I can understand TLJ but TFA is just rehash of TNH.