Eric Atreides

THE STAR WARS THE RISE OF SKYWALKER WEEKEND THREAD | Abandon all hope, ye who enter here | 177.38 DOM, 197 OS, 373.5 WW | SALE NOW LIVE

4 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I think the biggest difference is that toxic Marvel fans when AOU released weren't as large as toxic Star Wars fans were when TLJ released. I bet if Avengers 5 ended up being a Age of Ultron, the internet will explode.

Marvel fans have been given a dozen fanpleasing hits in a row, probably soon to be a dozen and a half. That much goodwill takes more than a single misstep to destroy. I’m pretty confident that when there is finally a seriously disliked MCU movie, the main reaction will be “ 🤷‍♂️, this sucks, but I guess it was bound to happen eventually.” If a 2nd happens in a short timespan, the internet could become a really ugly place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Arendelle Legion said:

Marvel fans have been given a dozen fanpleasing hits in a row, probably soon to be a dozen and a half. That much goodwill takes more than a single misstep to destroy. I’m pretty confident that when there is finally a seriously disliked MCU movie, the main reaction will be “ 🤷‍♂️, this sucks, but I guess it was bound to happen eventually.” If a 2nd happens in a short timespan, the internet could become a really ugly place.

I would agree if you were talking about a solo movie but I think if it happens to an Avengers movie, I think we're gonna see TLJ levels of toxicity.

Solo being a miscast mediocre flop sure didn't help the franchise's prospects either. The truth is TROS had to be stellar after Lucasfilm two missteps in a row and it apparently isn't. Lucasfilm got cocky after TFA and Rogue One and it blew up in their faces. 

• Like 1

Worst part of my SW9 liemax screening. No Tenet prologue 😞 or trailer. There were lots of other trailers like Ryan Reynolds's Free Guy, Dolittle, Bad Boys 3, Onward(looked great in imax) and Black Widow. Movie itself I had a blast though I can understand why the critics were mixed. My audience(Imax at Bay Area) clapped for multiple scenes including the very last one. I would rate it sold B+. They should have delayed this for another year and taken time to finish it.

• Like 1

I have to say, though, having my own issues with the film actually makes the box office easier to digest because at least I can understand it. I think it would be a lot worse if I loved the hell out of the movie but all around me was doom and gloom.

Ultron was criticized with being "more of the same" hence the shrug and meh response while TLJ took wild risks which is why the response to that was much more passionate (except @Force Ghost Cap's passion for dissing Ultron remains supreme). I don't think it's got to do with the different fanbases though yes MCU fanbase is in a healthier place atm.  

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I would agree if you were talking about a solo movie but I think if it happens to an Avengers movie, I think we're gonna see TLJ levels of toxicity.

TLJ was scrutinised this heavily because people were already burned with prequels. 

One movie can't destroy a franchise. Otherwise DC would be over by now. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Will Cats even cross 50 mil WW? OS gross will be non-existent

It will make money in the UK at least.

9 minutes ago, XO21 said:

I wonder how many years SW will “rest”.

Three, the next one is ready for announcement already, with Feige and/or RJ. TROS will still make $1.1B+ and that is a long hiatus as is for a Disney franchise.

Edited by MrGlass2

27 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Solo being a miscast mediocre flop sure didn't help the franchise's prospects either. The truth is TROS had to be stellar after Lucasfilm two missteps in a row and it apparently isn't. Lucasfilm got cocky after TFA and Rogue One and it blew up in their faces. 

Solo was an outright bomb. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, keysersoze123 said:
  Hide contents

lesbian kiss?

Yes...I almost didn't notice it because of how fast it went by.

Anyway, this is coming from a guy who refuses to watch Potter because of its witchcraft and that it's a sin.

• Haha 3

on SW9 it finished just tad over true friday numbers.

MTC1 D2 END - overall 8343 shows 636081/1453054 8677854.88
MTC2 D2 END - overall 6559 shows 503000/964844 5249142.00

Edit: in gross its slightly down at MTC1 as its a saturday and early shows tend to be stronger.

Edited by keysersoze123
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, pepsa said:

I don't know where you get you information but:

TROS opened

20% lower in France

20% lower in Germany

2% lower in Japan

5% higher in Mexico

55% lower in China

10% lower in Italy

8% lower in Brazil

15% lower in Russia

11% lower in Australia

16% lower in the UK

It was also lower in India but I don't know by how much.

1.5B is crazy at this moment

OH MY JESUS!

5 hours ago, Force Ghost Cap said:

This says HELLO:

Togo_film_poster.jpg

No joke.  I'm halfway through it and it's amazing.  SOO MUCH GOOOOOD DOG CONTENT.  And they're doing a really good job of creating tension despite me knowing how it ends because I watched Balto like every day as a kid.

I still have to watch this! I never knew it was out yet and Balto is amazing :( This was the dog who did most of the journey, right?

4 hours ago, Madhuvan said:

Releasing Witcher was very smart decision from Netflix. 👌Lots of audience overlap between Witcher and TROS. Witcher must be attracting lots of female audience.

People will rather sit and enjoy Witcher. 

I didn't think about this! 

Edited by Bart Allen
  • Haha 1