Eric Duncan

THE STAR WARS THE RISE OF SKYWALKER WEEKEND THREAD | Abandon all hope, ye who enter here | 177.38 DOM, 197 OS, 373.5 WW | SALE NOW LIVE

35 minutes ago, lilmac said:

I've seen it 3x and it gets better with age. Pros and cons remain the same (except for the last con which was actually addressed in-movie).

Bit of a shit move posting all this. Jeez...

Edited by reddevil19

1 hour ago, Minnale101 said:

Star Wars has a big issue in that the fan base is getting older yet they aren’t attracting younger audience 

the nostalgia of sky walker, darth vadar etc is gone now 

Kids growing up obsessed with marvel 

this is too me is just the start of big decline for start 

I agree with this. For all the flaws the prequels had, they were good for attracting young fans and selling merchandise. These new movies have very little going for them to attract the new audiences. You can milk the OT nostalgia only so much before it loses its effect.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker               47.50
Jumanji: The Next Level               10.25
Frozen 2                 4.90
Bombshell                 1.75
Knives Out                 2.50
Cats                 2.15
Richard Jewell                 1.00
Black Christmas                 0.72
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

At this point I wouldn't be surprised with 20% Sunday drop. I know calendar configuration and all but still..

Edited by Madhuvan

4 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

At this point I wouldn't be surprised with 20% Sunday drop. I know calendar configuration and all but still..

So it isn't inconceivable that it could possibly hit sub-170 million? If the decrease is tremendous on Sunday? In the 30s?

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

These new films did a very poor job at attracting new fans

Almost every young male teen I know back during the prequels lost his shit over revenge of the sith.

Yes. Which is why the prequels aged well with the audiences: those teens are adults now who remember them fondly. I wouldn't be surprised if at some point in near future Disney switches from the OT nostalgia baiting to the PT nostalgia baiting.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

I think the prequels are still garbage. Not because I'm a big butt hurt fan of Stars Wars because I'm not but because of bad writing, directing and acting. I'd watch the sequel trilogy over the prequels any day of the week.

But you can't argue that they were beautiful and rather lush to look at ~

That's one of the issues that one of the Chinese users made yesterday, more so the fact it feels like a western instead of a Galaxy far far away. I mean we've never seen anything on the scale of a Coruscant, for example.

• Like 3

Hopefully, after this, Disney fires Kathleen Kennedy. I have nothing against her as a Producer. She was great back in the day. She just isn't a good fit for Star Wars. She doesn't understand the franchise and allowed VII-IX to happen without a general sense of where the trilogy was going. That was a big mistake. Also, all the Director firings and Solo going way over budget to become this bland whatever. Please, Disney, get rid of her, or move her somewhere else where her Producing skills are actually good.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gokira2012 said:

If the movie makes under 190, Kathleen Kennedy is fired, Iger should hire George Lucas as the President of Lucas Film

I have some genuine questions: What makes you think George Lucas would want to come back to run Lucasfilm? Was he not the person who sold it to Disney originally?

And why is he regarded as someone who would be the saviour of Lucasfilm? He already directed and screenwrote all of the prequel trilogy which, whatever your personal opinion, was definitely divisively received overall among fans, and overall pretty mildly or poorly received critically. (Perhaps not as relevant, but I was surprised to learn that of the original trilogy, George Lucas was director and sole screenwriter of only the first film, A New Hope. As a non-fanboy when it comes to Star Wars, I totally assumed George Lucas had directed all of those films.)

So, even if we accept the premise that Kathleen Kennedy should be fired, and/or that JJ & Rian were not good choices, I'm still trying to figure out why George Lucas is seen by some as the obvious solution, either as producer or director. *shrug*

Peace,

Mike

Edited by MikeQ
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

RemarkableImpoliteClownanemonefish-size_

I don't care I used this gif for Solo unoriginal is fitting for a JJ Abrams film

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, CloneWars said:

Hopefully, after this, Disney fires Kathleen Kennedy. I have nothing against her as a Producer. She was great back in the day. She just isn't a good fit for Star Wars. She doesn't understand the franchise and allowed VII-IX to happen without a general sense of where the trilogy was going. That was a big mistake. Also, all the Director firings and Solo going way over budget to become this bland whatever. Please, Disney, get rid of her, or move her somewhere else where her Producing skills are actually good.

Exactly!

I can't argue with any of that at all - and it was very telling that when Dan & Dave were announced to not be a part of Star Wars anymore - after Game of Thrones - that Lord and Miller (can't remember which one) tweeted a single word in presumable-contempt of Kennedy.

5 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

yikes. Have to block someone who is super annoying trolling about SW9 now in multiple threads. I thought he would stick to OS thread but this is getting worse.

I have him on ignore already and pages are short in scrolling so I can understand.

Edited by Jedi Jat
  • Like 8