google-site-verification=EzRt-ZmNlc4J5RNLXiuJpAEGjNviG678nNB1w49cgZg Jump to content
JB33

Weekday Numbers: Dec 23 - Dec 26, 2019

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Jedi Jat said:

Will be going with

SW 20.5

F2 3.5

A 4.5 tomorrow takes F2 to 399.6, and then maybe 4.8 on the 26th to pass 404 before the weekend?

 

(I'm looking at the Ralph Breaks the Internet pattern from last year.)

 

-------

Edited by ChiSoxRox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting. I am seeing just 20% drop at MTCs. but may be there is some effect of lower ticket prices as well. Post 6PM shows have seen 32% drop but still there are few more hours to go and it will sell some tickets. Let us see how the day end.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Interesting. I am seeing just 20% drop at MTCs. but may be there is some effect of lower ticket prices as well. Post 6PM shows have seen 32% drop but still there are few more hours to go and it will sell some tickets. Let us see how the day end.

Based off the discussion earlier today, it wouldnt surprise me if the MTCs over index a bit, especially in major markets and then the untracked smaller areas dont kick in the usual under current. Obviously could be wrong - will be an interesting bit to see in overall performance 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, narniadis said:

Based off the discussion earlier today, it wouldnt surprise me if the MTCs over index a bit, especially in major markets and then the untracked smaller areas dont kick in the usual under current. Obviously could be wrong - will be an interesting bit to see in overall performance 

Definitely possible. I have seen Discount tuesdays overindex at MTC for sure. But today there were no discount tuesday at the MTC's but elsewhere there are discounts like canada, Marcus etc.

 

That said I feel the monday number could go up a bit from Charlie's early estimates.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, keysersoze123 said:

Definitely possible. I have seen Discount tuesdays overindex at MTC for sure. But today there were no discount tuesday at the MTC's but elsewhere there are discounts like canada, Marcus etc.

 

That said I feel the monday number could go up a bit from Charlie's early estimates.

I think he means that MTCs may not close earlier but smaller chains will. That is what I'm seeing in my area as well. Plus is it low 20s drop in ticket sales or gross because ATP will be lower today since its a lot more matinee heavy.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Menor said:

I think he means that MTCs may not close earlier but smaller chains will. That is what I'm seeing in my area as well. Plus is it low 20s drop in ticket sales or gross because ATP will be lower today since its a lot more matinee heavy.

You could be right. let us wait and see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, was definitely the lack of evening showings coupled with more non prime pricing I was referring to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Spies in Disguise is looking to open close to Ferdinand for FSS, but it's a bit hard to compare the two because of the different release dates (Ferdinand didn't get holiday support until a week later). Interestingly, Ferdinand did gross around $20 million over Dec. 25-29 which is right around the forecast for Spies in Disguise's 5-day opening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

You could be right. let us wait and see.

I mean I'm not saying for sure. Just if it goes below what MTCs indicate, those could be some reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The tracking numbers both on here and from the major sites is very disappointing for Little Women - hoping it can do 25m FSS/40m 5 day. Can we PLEASE have an adult breakout this holiday season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

Is it possible Jumanji 2 did discounts?

Other than ticket discounts that are generally applicable to all, I didnt see or hear of anything specific for it. That hold would be vastly out of norm - but Im not complaining. 

The curious bit would be to see how it effects the actual Christmas Day increase. 

 

Edited to add - that kind of hold would have had me apologizing to @VanillaSkies if it had been Frozen2.... makes absolutely no sense. 

Edited by narniadis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

Tuesday

SW: TRS 20.5

J2: 7.15

F2: 3.5

So a Christmas day present for Frozen is the 400m mark - should definitely be on the push for 460ish now. 

 

Solid for SW9 all things considered...

 

Batshit crazy for Jumanji - if it holds and a normal Christmas day happens the weekend 3 gross just went way up. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.