JB33

Weekday Numbers: Dec 23 - Dec 26, 2019

1 hour ago, 1Robert1 said:

I was comparing with Frozen and after 19 mln Jan 3-5 it made another 104 mln, if your prediction will be correct jumanji would need 90 mln. You're right it will very tough.

Just remember that it was explained before release why 300m wasnt truly an option barring never before happened sequel behavior. Its performing great and is going to make at least a 4.5x (270m area) if it holds well after the 1st. 

Keep a bright look on the future. 

• Like 1

The fact that at day 5 we still get questions about the 1 billion mark for SW9 shows much learning needs to happen. 

Its locked people, barring a collapse starting today that has never happened (even to Jedi) with this calendar configuration. And by collapse, I literally mean  shocking drop where its under 50m this weekend and never stops. Which wont happen. 

• Like 4

Hobbit 2 may be reasonable comparison to Jumanji 3 as both film open on Dec 13 where the CD+ NY fell on Wednesday.

Hobbit 2 second monday up 26% from the first monday while Jumanji 3 up more than 100% w-o-w.

Hobbit 2 eventually reach 258m and that is the number that Jumanji 3 is reasonably looking at since Jumanji opened lower 59m vs 73m but I expect stronger legs

1 hour ago, titanic2187 said:

It is still less peculiar than how Titanic and E.T. can get 35m votes on RT's audience score. 

to make thing even more peculiar , titanic audience vote count has been remain unchanged at 35,797,635 for nearly a year. 

Bots. Similar thing happened to Revenge of the Sith which dropped its audience score from 86 to 65%. Many older movies have experienced this.

14 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

After a 4-day 433M, with all Christmas season ahead?  

101%

My question would be: Could TROS make $1B before the 31st? 

It took TLJ 21 days or so to get to 1b, I doubt that TROS will be faster than that. If anything, it should take quite a bit longer.

• Like 1

People are just forgetting that TROS's opening weekend was quite frontloaded. The opening day ( Thursday + Friday ) is higher than both Saturday's and Sunday's numbers together. It's getting a boost for weekdays, thanks to the Holiday. 

It's probably still making less than The Last Jedi's worldwide numbers.  Yeah, it's very obvious this movie is making more than 1 billion worldwide, but Rogue One also did that. TROS is the finale of a 40 years old saga, so you guys shouldn't be celebrating that a finale is barely making the same as a spinoff. In fact, that's very concerning for this franchise.

• Like 2