google-site-verification=EzRt-ZmNlc4J5RNLXiuJpAEGjNviG678nNB1w49cgZg Jump to content
JB33

Weekday Numbers: Dec 23 - Dec 26, 2019

I'm looking forward to Uncut Gems, but it's getting added to Netflix Canada in January, so I'll probably skip that one in theatres. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Are we getting CinemaScores tonight for Uncut Gems, 1917 and Spies in Disguise?

Probably not 1917. How many theatres is it even in?

3 hours ago, Cappoedameron said:

The reason why I said that is because it's the end of the entire saga. 40 years and they've made that point known in their promotion for the film. Why is this film not making Endgame numbers? That was also marketed as a finale film. 

The answer is very easy to understand but there's no reason at all that 5 years ago we'd be skimming by a billion after TFA.

Those same persons now trying to convince us that TROS barely doing $1B, and doing even lower numbers than a SPIN-OFF, are the same type of persons that tried to convince us that JL was doing "just fine", considering it was coming after the BVS disaster.

What a joke. 

12 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Probably not 1917. How many theatres is it even in?

According to Deadline, 11. 

• Like 2

What kind of behaviour should we expect on Boxing Day Thursday for TROS? Small increase? Small decrease? The Hobbit 2 increased by 13.1% in 2013 (certainly not expecting that) but most people's projections that I've seen at least have TROS decreasing a bit.

Wow, I've just read the full synopsis for Uncut Gems. 

I really hope people know what they're getting into, before watching this movie. It doesn't look like the usual funny and fun flicks featuring Sandler.

Hopefully it doesn't end up being another Punch Drunk Love situation with a bad CinemaScore

8 minutes ago, JB33 said:

What kind of behaviour should we expect on Boxing Day Thursday for TROS? Small increase? Small decrease? The Hobbit 2 increased by 13.1% in 2013 (certainly not expecting that) but most people's projections that I've seen at least have TROS decreasing a bit.

We don’t celebrate Boxing Day here , but people have it off, should be relatively flat

• Like 1

Yeah, due to where it falls on the calendar it could go either way. I would think flat versus down based off the slighter decays we have seen the last few years. 

The point with SW to remember is that besides them, nothing plays this big in December and makes them more susceptible to flexes. 

19 minutes ago, Jabba'sMoofmilker said:

anyword on the OS total for TROS on Tuesday?

According to Forbes:

"Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker earned $20.074 million on Tuesday for a $226.847 million five-day total and a global cume of around $481 million as of last night. "

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2019/12/25/rise-of-skywalker-tops-500m-star-wars-movies-ranked-from-worst-to-best/#4144a86b2e73

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

Jumanji is going to have a mammoth day - it's the perfect holiday movie. Honestly could still leg out to 250m or so easily.

Still not good, IMO. That would be a 40% drop from the original. 

It has to be said: users on here are being generous with Jumanji, tbh. I’ve no idea why. 

Star Wars is dropping less. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, swsaga said:

According to Forbes:

"Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker earned $20.074 million on Tuesday for a $226.847 million five-day total and a global cume of around $481 million as of last night. "

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2019/12/25/rise-of-skywalker-tops-500m-star-wars-movies-ranked-from-worst-to-best/#4144a86b2e73

This would mean a $27.5M Tuesday OS. Not bad at all.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Whoever thought Cats might recover over the Holidays: Think again. This is going to have trouble reaching $25m. 
It's empty everywhere you look at. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

It has to be said: users on here are being generous with Jumanji, tbh. I’ve no idea why. 

Because WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE was a massive overperformer, and THE NEXT LEVEL’s numbers are great for the kind of movie it is.

A movie’s success isn’t just about how it does in comparison to its predecessor. HALLOWEEN KILLS will probably tumble to like $100 million and that would still be great for it.

• Like 8

36 minutes ago, swsaga said:

According to Forbes:

Great, probably +400M by sunday

46 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Jumanji is a "more of the same" type sequel

Star Wars is a movie massively promoted as the "Endgame" of Star WArs

that's the difference 

• Like 2

Nobody is griping about Jumanji or giving it an unfair pass because its behaving normal for the kind of film sequel that it is. There was tons of discussion about this leading up to release, but more often than not family sequels drop 30% or so which the 260-270 area would bring about as normal. 

This isnt an animated flick or a marvel cbm, its a regular general audience family led flick. 

That being said, if it had pulled a SLOP2 and only did 150m it should have fairly been crushed for bad behavior. 

Edited by narniadis
  • Like 1