JB33

Weekday Numbers: Dec 23 - Dec 26, 2019

2 minutes ago, JB33 said:

He was rough around the edges but he wasn't nearly as bad as folks here make him out to be.

While I agree with you (and defended him more than once) his rough around the edges behavior was down right troll-like toward some members, @cannastop was one if I remember right. 

Just now, narniadis said:

While I agree with you (and defended him more than once) his rough around the edges behavior was down right troll-like toward some members, @cannastop was one if I remember right. 

Fair enough. I can only comment on my own experiences with him or whatever I personally witnessed of his posts. When he was exiled or whatever I wasn't around often at that time so there was probably lots I missed.

7 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Well if it was just me, I wouldn't have said anything but the guy couldn't get along with anyone, including staff.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Well if it was just me, I wouldn't have said anything but the guy couldn't get along with anyone, including staff.

Yeah a general superiority complex is what I remember most griping about. I didnt follow enough when he was big around here beyond the numbers threads so I couldnt recall it all.

• Like 2

Monday 29.4

Tuesday 19.6

Wednesday 34.3

Thursday 30.9

Friday 29.4

Saturday 29.4

Sunday 22.1

2nd weekend total: 80.9

10-day total: $372.48M

A more realistic projection than the one I did in the TROS thread, based on The Hobbit 2 pattern in 2013. However, this one seems a little conservative. Next weekend should be well over that 80.9 number.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, redfirebird2008 said:

$206M in 4 days. I remember when that was a huge deal in 5 days with TDK and fudge-packing TF2. Now we have people acting like it’s a big letdown in 4 days. Pretty interesting how inflation changes our views on these box office numbers. 

$200M is a nice amount to make on Sat+Sun, needing more than 48 hours for it is kind of a bummer ;) 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Monday 29.4

Tuesday 19.6

Wednesday 34.3

Thursday 30.9

Friday 29.4

Saturday 29.4

Sunday 22.1

2nd weekend total: 80.9

10-day total: $372.48M

A more realistic projection than the one I did in the TROS thread, based on The Hobbit 2 pattern in 2013. However, this one seems a little conservative. Next weekend should be well over that 80.9 number.

I'm confused - you have Monday and Friday being flat, but HOBBIT 2's 2nd Friday was 1.39x its 1st Monday, and its 3rd Friday was 1.28x its 2nd Monday.

14 minutes ago, ViewerAnon said:

I'm confused - you have Monday and Friday being flat, but HOBBIT 2's 2nd Friday was 1.39x its 1st Monday, and its 3rd Friday was 1.28x its 2nd Monday.

The other projection I did in the TROS thread was based on the Hobbit 2 pattern. Sorry, the wording there was confusing. 

You bring up a good point though. There's no way Friday is flat from Monday. Gahd, projections aren't my thing clearly.

Edited by JB33

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker               29.00
Jumanji: The Next Level                 7.40
Frozen 2                 4.50
Cats                 1.35
Bombshell                 0.92
Knives Out                 1.82
Richard Jewell                 0.56
Ford v. Ferrari                 0.56
Edited by Jedi Jat
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 5
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker               29.30  (-27%)
Jumanji: The Next Level                 7.40 (-21%)
Frozen 2                 4.50 (-5%)
Cats                 1.35 (-29%)
Bombshell                 0.92 (-38%)
Knives Out                 1.82 (-19%)
Richard Jewell                 0.56 (-32%)
Ford v. Ferrari                 0.56 (-18%)

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/date/2013-12-23/?ref_=bo_rl_table_32

Edited by Arendelle Legion

I was thinking about how the calendar will effect the grosses in the upcoming 2 weeks. New Year on Wednesday is probably great news as a lot of people will be still on vacation for the rest of the week as it only requires 2 days off. TLJ was less fortunate because 1st of Jan was on Monday, it's probably the reason Disney decided to send to theaters 1 week earlier.

47 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Cats 100k more than I expected, I’ll take it 😂. Was expecting a 34% drop looking at 2013. 

Have you seen cats and its entirety or even part of it? And if you haven't don't hold your breath on it being any good. I saw how about 15 or 20 minutes of it yesterday and it's fucking horrible.