JB33

Weekday Numbers: Dec 23 - Dec 26, 2019

6 hours ago, DAJK said:

Jumanji 2 (3?) was kinda lame. I don't think I actually laughed once. It's not a horrible movie, just like Frozen 2, but it's a disappointing step down from a surprisingly great original. 

Never understood this reaction for Frozen 2. The first one had a lot more problems but had let it go. Basically everything was better except no let it go and a better more diverse soundtrack.

• Like 2

I'm not sure what problems Frozen had all I know is that my young nieces at the time I absolutely adored that film. And as an adult who is not really into animation that much, I absolutely adored Frozen. My niece is also loved the sequel as well. So good on Frozen for making something that kids enjoy and their parents can as well.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

I'm not sure what problems Frozen had all I know is that my young nieces at the time I absolutely adored that film. And as an adult who is not really into animation that much, I absolutely adored Frozen. My niece is also loved the sequel as well. So good on Frozen for making something that kids enjoy and their parents can as well.

Frozen was rewritten several times. Plot was basic and story was meh. Songs were great. I liked it a lot still. Frozen 2 did the opposit. I love both but watching frozen 1 again after it just felt less significant. It's great that it's so simple a 3 year old can follow but I prefer the complicated overstuffed one lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I wouldn't be surprised to see Star Wars stay fly today or even go up a little bit. Christmas days and massive movie-going day obviously but boxing day there's last family commitments and more time just to go out and do your own thing. So I'm hoping for maybe a 33 million or 33.5 million dollar day.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Marek the Jedi said:

@baumer I am glad I can see you here more and more! :) 

Yeah I just got really busy I guess this year and the forums became less of a priority. But with Star Wars here I'm glad to be here as well and to see all of you guys that I haven't seen in so long.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, cdsacken said:

Frozen was rewritten several times. Plot was basic and story was meh. Songs were great. I liked it a lot still. Frozen 2 did the opposit. I love both but watching frozen 1 again after it just felt less significant. It's great that it's so simple a 3 year old can follow but I prefer the complicated overstuffed one lol.

I love the plot of Frozen, the character arcs of the two leads are engaging to watch throughout the movie, and the ending is a great emotional payoff. Rewriting the script doesn't mean the story cannot be great.

I love the villain twist but Anna's double sacrifice is probably the best example of great writing.

Arguably there are a couple of filler scenes at the middle of the movie, but otherwise it is a memorable ride from start to finish. I found it instantly rewatchable.

(I also loved F2)

Edited by misafeco
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jabba'sMoofmilker said:

anyword on Tuesday or Wednesday OS gross for TROS??

Scotty said that the ww gross would be $481M by Tue. That would mean that TROS made $27.5M OS on Tue, only slightly down from the Monday OS-gross ($28M).

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, baumer said:

Yeah I just got really busy I guess this year and the forums became less of a priority. But with Star Wars here I'm glad to be here as well and to see all of you guys that I haven't seen in so long.

👀

• Like 1

No matter how many sequel Frozen produce, and how many songs within each sequel,

People in the end, will still go back listen to the songs in the first movie like Let it go or Do you want to build a snowman. 

It is the Lion King of this generation. it created a phenomenal that no one see it coming and no one will be able to replicate. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PenguinHyphy said:

Still not sure if that number is accurate seeing as it appears to be collapsing at night showings. Either way, Walter Mitty only made $25,000,000 from an $8,000,000 opening day in less theaters. There is nothing absurd about their projections. You appear to be really passionate about Little Women, but you might want to wait. 

No passion, not my usual type of film and wont see it for a long time. I track more for data than anything. Walter Mitty is not what LW wants to follow as that film collapsed and had horrible legs after a solid opening day. That being said, if WOM is anything close to the way the handful on here have stated then following Mitty may end up the sad reality. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jabba'sMoofmilker said:

anyword on Tuesday or Wednesday OS gross for TROS??

Nothing official yet. The Wednesday gross will be wayyyyyy lower than the Domestic one due to many theaters overseas being closed. It will recover today as Boxing Day is a big movie going day

• Like 1

1 minute ago, narniadis said:

No passion, not my usual type of film and wont see it for a long time. I track more for data than anything. Walter Mitty is not what LW wants to follow as that film collapsed and had horrible legs after a solid opening day. That being said, if WOM is anything close to the way the handful on here have stated then following Mitty may end up the sad reality. 

Little Women is not a very good. I was sad that it didn't get nominated at GG. But after watching it, I understand the sub. 

Basically it's very safe film. Florence Pugh is the best thing in the movie. 

Timothy is good as always. 

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

3 hours ago, 1Robert1 said:

In 2013 Hobbit did 9.3 (christmas day)and  29 (fss) if Jumanji had 12.2m on christmas day and it will have same multi as hobbit it will earn 38 mln. 

Frozen had 6.3 m and 28.5m ffs, with this multi Jumanji would have 55m ffs.

In 2013 Frozen and Hobbit earn more on 26th December than on 25th. So 116.5+12.2+13+40 will give 182m, needs 43m ffs(or better thu) to surpass 185. Is this really crazy prediction? 

40m should be closer to reality since it shouldnt play out like an animated film. Also remember that at this point Frozen 1 was showing off the craziness that became its 400m total. 

With Jedi Jat saying 12.5m officially, it is definitely set up for a fantastic weekend. 

As for the 26th - last couple of years we have seen more flat / down than up overall but I would imagine both Jumanji and Frozen 2 go up some today. 🤷‍♂️ thats the fun for tracking this time of year

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, a2k said:

UG 68% (925+)

LW 93% (365+)

SID 94% (285)

The scores come from wayyy smaller bases than they will end with but LW and SID both may have decent WOM at least based on this. 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️ never know of course lol. 

My kiddos want to see SID so if its good that at least makes it tolerable. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

No matter how many sequel Frozen produce, and how many songs within each sequel,

People in the end, will still go back listen to the songs in the first movie like Let it go or Do you want to build a snowman. 

It is the Lion King of this generation. it created a phenomenal that no one see it coming and no one will be able to replicate. 

I've listened to let it go a million times per my child. The other songs not so much.

With Frozen 2 she loves Lost in the Woods (which I find hilarious), Do the next right thing, into the unknown (both versions!), Show yourself, All is found, and When am I older. Depth and variety is unparalleled.

• Thanks 2