JB33

Weekday Numbers: Dec 23 - Dec 26, 2019

Any chance TROS bumps about 10%? Asking because 10% would be the same fraction of the Boxing Day Thursday increase for The Hobbit 2 that it was for the Christmas Day Wednesday increase (76.7% to 58.7%). I do know the box office positively is not that simple but figured I'd ask in case it was genuinely looking to increase that much.

3 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Any chance TROS bumps about 10%? Asking because 10% would be the same fraction of the Boxing Day Thursday increase for The Hobbit 2 that it was for the Christmas Day Wednesday increase (76.7% to 58.7%). I do know the box office positively is not that simple but figured I'd ask in case it was genuinely looking to increase that much.

No way

5 hours ago, Jedi Jat said:

SW: 30

J2: 10.5

F2: 5.5

LW: 5.75-6

SiD: 4.25

KO: 3.25

Nice! My guess that Frozen II might hit over $6 million because the theater I worked at Today all showings (expect for the 10:00pm showing but it was almost full) for Frozen II we’re sold out even through they put it in one of the small (not too small) auditoriums but they put Frozen II in two screens so that’s really good 

9 minutes ago, Jabba'sMoofmilker said:

about 75 Million?

Based on the best case scenario from @keysersoze123 data (Yes I'm aware it isn't an exact science) I'd say 28.5M (-11.4%) / 28.5M (flat) / 21.3M (-25%) for $78.3M. That's brutal, considering it's only around $7M ahead of TLJ's 2nd weekend and everyone argued that TROS had a better date to inflate the 2nd weekend.

Based on that number, it will likely drop 60% of more the following weekend for just over $30M. :whosad:

Edited by JB33
  • Sad 1

Thurs:weekend should be 2.7-2.9 or so, would take low end personally. But the best Thurs estimate is still 30.5, national level data is much better than just scraping 2 big chains. 30.5*2.75=84. If there’s already been a late night purple post you should pretty much ignore keyser data, useful as it is for PS and when purples aren’t around.

• Like 5

The new BOM layout has made tracking the box office very difficult IMO. I'm basically at a loss as to what's going on. Normally I'd do a check for the previous time that we had this calendar which was 2013, but it's so clunky to use now, that I don't even want to look at it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JB33 said:

Based on the best case scenario from @keysersoze123 data (Yes I'm aware it isn't an exact science) I'd say 28.5M (-11.4%) / 28.5M (flat) / 21.3M (-25%) for $78.3M. That's brutal, considering it's only around $7M ahead of TLJ's 2nd weekend and everyone argued that TROS had a better date to inflate the 2nd weekend.

Based on that number, it will likely drop 60% of more the following weekend for just over $30M. :whosad:

oh boy

39 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Yeah, TROS 2nd weekend is going under $80M.

Huh?

JJ says $30.5M today. Even if it follows SMAUG’s exact weekend pattern, which you’re using as a baseline - and it won’t, as SMAUG performed wildly different today as everyone expected - TROS still makes $84M.