JB33

Weekday Numbers: Dec 23 - Dec 26, 2019

49 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Just Mercy had a hefty drop but perhaps it can recover this weekend.

FWIW On the Basis of Sex dropped 63% the day after Christmas last year from 33 theaters before seeing its numbers go up a bit over the weekend so there's nothing to be alarmed about.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, a2k said:

would need about 10% sat bump to hit 25...smth like

25.5 (-16%) + 28 (+10%) + 21.5 (-23%)

Yup. Think if the Friday stays down that 75m is upper end. 10% is about the max I see Saturday changing. 

I can say that I am ready for the holiday period to be over lol, you'd think after all these years of tracking and watching that Id find it easier to project and deal with  😂

• Haha 1

Judging by the boxing day box office, TROS will end the weekend between 5-10M ahead of TLJ's running total. And then immediately fall behind again on Monday. Not opening big enough will hurt it on Monday onwards.

Post the second weekend, TLJ had 8 days of Holidays to come, TROS only has 4 and the weaker 4 at that with only New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, jedijake said:

I can't see TROS having a similar second weekend as TLJ. I'm still counting on at least $30 million today and between $30-$35 million tomorrow.

Not going up that much from estimates, though something like 28m makes more sense than 25m, but Star Wars may not be getting the repeat viewing it used to count on.

19 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Judging by the boxing day box office, TROS will end the weekend between 5-10M ahead of TLJ's running total. And then immediately fall behind again on Monday. Not opening big enough will hurt it on Monday onwards.

Post the second weekend, TLJ had 8 days of Holidays to come, TROS only has 4 and the weaker 4 at that with only New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.

Exactly ~

Where do you still it potentially landing? Below or above Captain Marvel?