JB33

Weekday Numbers: Dec 23 - Dec 26, 2019

If the Friday number holds.

25.5+26.5+21 = 73 million 2nd weekend.

That will leave TROS 5 million behind TLJ on day 10. Gap will grow from there on. Following Hobbit's drops it would be 29 million behind TLJ's running total by the end of Tuesday. And it has been dropping worse than Hobbit so far.

Edited by Menor
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Not going up that much from estimates, though something like 28m makes more sense than 25m, but Star Wars may not be getting the repeat viewing it used to count on.

I think this is a very important point. 

I understand that WOM with the general audience is good, but with hard core fans (myself included), it's very divisive. 

We are the audience that would see this multiple times in theatres. I saw Endgame 3 times in theatres. TFA as well. 

If this movie had been what I had expected for a 9 film saga ending, I would probably be doing the same. As is, I probably will never even watch it again when it hits streaming. 

So yes, Charlie's numbers seem like a harsh drop considering the GP seems to like the film, but I would bet repeat viewings are quite low. 

• Like 1

Just now, Minnale101 said:

The rock loves to release movies during Christmas against big movies 

black Adam vs avatar 2 will be fun 

obviously avatar 2 will win but who knows maybe black Adam could put dent in it 

Aquaman sequel vs untitled SW project in 2022 would be more interesting.:Gaga:

• Like 1

Film Distributor 3-Day Weekend Forecast Projected Domestic Total through Sunday, December 29 % Change from Last Wknd
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Disney / Lucasfilm $81,400,000 $371,100,000 -54%
Jumanji: The Next Level Sony / Columbia $28,900,000 $169,100,000 9%
Little Women (2019) Sony / Columbia $16,700,000 $29,200,000 NEW
Frozen II Disney $16,900,000 $421,700,000 31%
Uncut Gems A24 $10,000,000 $21,500,000 4046%

3 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

What an odd comment to end with. 

I'm just not sure why he is choosing those films to compare it to. Those are Sci-Fi action films that opened in the fall, this is an Oscar pedegree film of a beloved novel that opened on Christmas Day. Not to mention, it co-stars Meryl F**king Streep!

I'm not sure what the point was supposed to be?
If he is trying to shame Brad and Will Smith with their lower than expected grosses, Aladdin and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood say hello! 

Otherwise, those are 3 very odd films to compare, especially given the release dates.....

According to China Box Office official system, Avengers: Endgame suddenly received another $1.1M from some theaters. Now the lifetime gross is $631.96M / ¥4,275M with the OD ER. The number Disney gave was $629.1M. If they have interest to correct themselves, EG will reach $2.8 billion:Gaga:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 5

9 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

What an odd comment to end with. 

I'm just not sure why he is choosing those films to compare it to. Those are Sci-Fi action films that opened in the fall, this is an Oscar pedegree film of a beloved novel that opened on Christmas Day. Not to mention, it co-stars Meryl F**king Streep!

I'm not sure what the point was supposed to be?
If he is trying to shame Brad and Will Smith with their lower than expected grosses, Aladdin and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood say hello! 

Otherwise, those are 3 very odd films to compare, especially given the release dates.....

A try-hard attempt to say a female movie is outgrossing the big male stars. 

17 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

Aquaman sequel vs untitled SW project in 2022 would be more interesting.:Gaga:

I remember when it first announced Star Wars 2022 movie. They were so convinced that aqua man 2 would have to pre pone to another date 

now it’s the other way around lol

aquaman 2. Internationally especially would win easy