JB33

Weekday Numbers: Dec 23 - Dec 26, 2019

10 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

A try-hard attempt to say a female movie is outgrossing the big male stars. 

The fact that a female centric film written and directed by a female is doing incredible box office should certainly be celebrated!

Why we need to take make it into some male vs female thing.... is lost on me. 

I'm hoping to see the film sometime over the weekend. 

It looks to be enjoyable.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I reckon the 2022 Star Wars will be postponed and Disney puts a different live action film in its place. I'd say Jumanji will go to December 21st or December 23rd 2022. 

All four Star Wars movies released under Disney in December will have grossed a billion dollars. They aren't going to move Star Wars.  Only way it will get postponed would be if it is not done.

Edited by RockyMountain

Weird comp from Gitesh imo.

Anyway, talking about female directors and his comp,

Harriet (female director, female lead) 42m+

Queen & Slim will also make it to low-$40s dom.

Both those films are not far from 'last Will Smith and Brad Pitt movie'

Hustlers $105 is higher than GM+Astra combined while could also beat Little Women or be close to it.

Edited by a2k

1 minute ago, RockyMountain said:

All four Star Wars movies released under Disney in December will have grossed a billion dollars. They aren't going to move Star Wars. 

I don't think it'll gone forever but I do think they'll be a longer gap.

2 minutes ago, RockyMountain said:

I think it will stay. They have another Star Wars celebration coming in spring and I think they will announce who is directing the 2022 movie and what it is about at that time.

Aquaman will hurt it bad. No way it’s staying on that date 

11 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Aquaman will hurt it bad. No way it’s staying on that date 

Aquaman would likely be the one to move. THe only place a movie like Aquaman would be bigger than a Star Wars movie (especially if they go the Old Republic route which a lot of Star Wars fans are wanting to see) would be China and Star Wars doesn't get their business from China or other Asian markets anyways.

Edited by RockyMountain
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, RockyMountain said:

Aquaman would likely be the one to move. THe only place a movie like Aquaman would be bigger than a Star Wars movie (especially if they go the Old Republic route which a lot of Star Wars fans are wanting to see) would be China and Star Wars doesn't get their business from China anyways.

Non-Skywalker saga Star Wars? Aquaman will be bigger everywhere. Potentially much bigger. Could be close DOM I suppose but AM will slaughter it OS everywhere, especially China.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, RockyMountain said:

Aquaman would likely be the one to move. THe only place a movie like Aquaman would be bigger than a Star Wars movie (especially if they go the Old Republic route which a lot of Star Wars fans are wanting to see) would be China and Star Wars doesn't get their business from China or other Asian markets anyways.

There’s a pretty reasonable shot that AQM2 in bigger than 2022 SW is DOM and all regions. Just look at AQM1 gross, CBM sequel trends, non-Skywalker saga SW grosses, and SW trends...

Edited by Arendelle Legion
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Non-Skywalker saga Star Wars? Aquaman will be bigger everywhere. Potentially much bigger. Could be close DOM I suppose but AM will slaughter it OS everywhere, especially China.

Yes even a non Skywalker movie would cause Aquaman to move. Non Skywalker movies are what people are in the mood to see right now. And Europe would watch a Star Wars movie over Aquaman anyday. And the U.S and Europe is all Star Wars really needs to be concerned about.

1 minute ago, RockyMountain said:

Yes even a non Skywalker movie would cause Aquaman to move. Non Skywalker movies are what people are in the mood to see right now. And Europe would watch a Star Wars movie over Aquaman anyday. And the U.S and Europe is all Star Wars really needs to be concerned about.

Aquaman crushed Solo pretty much everywhere. Who's to say how well a non Skywalker movie would do? Aquaman 2 is gonna be delivering crazy spectacle that I'm not sure the 2022 SW would be able to compete with.

1 minute ago, Arendelle Legion said:

There’s a pretty reasonable shot that AQM2 in bigger than 2022 SW is DOM and all regions. Just look at AQM1 gross, CBM sequel trends, non-Skywalker saga SW grosses, and SW trends...

I think you might be forgetting that a Star Wars movie that scored a 57% on RT is still on route to gross over 500m domestic and over a billion worldwide. There is an absolute huge appetite for Star Wars when it can have a movie reviewed that poorly and still make that much.

• Disbelief 1

To guess this early, post-Skywalker SW would do what? 350-400 dom and os-ch for 700-800 ww. Prod budget won't be less than 200-250. Don't think AQM2 is budging anywhere due to SW2022.

edit: os-ch could very likely come under dom looking at the trend.

Edited by a2k