Eric Atreides

Weekend Thread: SW 26.2/25.3/21 72.5M | Jumanji 11.7/12.4/11 35.1M | Frozen 6/5.85/5.3 17.15M

16 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

what if I tell you 70 is perhaps

Reveal hidden contents

Tell me you are joking just to have fun with our reaction 

How coud there be a decrease between Friday and Saturday ? 

6 minutes ago, Moviefanfr said:

B/c word of mouth is getting out...

I admit to telling all of my friends and family to see anything but TROS...they had been holding out for this film (vs going so early like they did TLJ), so I did my part to help for Saturday:)...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

If (or rather when) TROS ends below Rogue One both domestic and WW, then we can almost pinpoint the day Star Wars as a franchise began it's downturn. It was the Christmas Day jump (or lack of it) for The Last Jedi. Till that point TLJ looked good for 700M+ and then it all fell apart.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Moviefanfr said:

You said that yesterday as well 😛 maybe it's time to start believing ;)

2 hours ago, reddevil19 said:

To be fair, he strikes me as an ambitious man - you would need to be do accomplish what he has - and both tasks would seem tantalizing to someone like him:

1. Nourish the MCU so that it doesn't go into a decline with the transition of focus on to new characters, and finally bringing in the huge FOX properties (most likely as a conclusion to the next phase of movies), thus ensuring continued success

2. Breathing new life into what was the biggest name in franchise cinema before he turned the MCU into the monster it now is.

I feel like, once The Eternals is out, the next few projects will have big name recognition, with returning characters (Strange, Thor, Spidey, Black Panther, etc) so he won't need to micro-manage, just make sure the path is laid out to lead into the Fox characters coming in and get more involved with the execution of those movies (casting and writing/directing duties for any X-Men and FF projects will be such huge announcements for them, I think he will want to stay very much on top of the whole thing). That should allow him to focus a bit more on SW for the second half of 2020, and into 2021, I feel...

I don't necessarily think he's a Messiah, but he is a fantastic project manager, and the one thing the Disney SW movies have sorely lacked has been a coherent voice and distinct direction. He can bring that.

I think Kevin Feige's role now is basically to surround himself with the best. Think about it, he can't micro-manage everything he's micro-managing, it's just too much job, there's only 24 hours in a day and he can't be everywhere at once. So what he does is select the right people to do those things. It's probably his #1 priority in fact, finding the right people for everything. And what he focuses on.

You could say Lucasfilm have done pretty much the polar opposite of that, with their firing/dismissal of about 50% of the people they employed to oversee their projects.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Moviefanfr said:

wom spreads during x-mas gatherings, parties and family fights. :ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, grim22 said:

If (or rather when) TROS ends below Rogue One both domestic and WW, then we can almost pinpoint the day Star Wars as a franchise began it's downturn. It was the Christmas Day jump (or lack of it) for The Last Jedi. Till that point TLJ looked good for 700M+ and then it all fell apart.

Think the issue was that most people bought tickets for the film from release to x-mas day and then after x-mas business depends more on walk ups and repeat business and that did not materialize as expected.

While you are all too busy discussing TROS's hilarious and predictable run that will end well below Rogue One, my weekend is all about my boy Joe and her ex Candace.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Edited by CJohn
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Funny that The Rock gifs are being used as a reaction to an article involving spinning. 

He’s good at doing that for his own film on instagram 😂

Rock compared Hobbs and Shaw to Ant man. 🤣🤣🤣

6 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Wow, I am just thinking of discourse that is going to happen tomorrow all over the social media. 

This is horrible news. At this rate, this movie may just broke even at best. 

What a nightmare for Kathleen and JJ. 

JJ will be just fine. He was never coming back to Star Wars anyhow. Kennedy will walk away when her contract ends in 2021.