Eric Duncan

Weekend Thread: SW 26.2/25.3/21 72.5M | Jumanji 11.7/12.4/11 35.1M | Frozen 6/5.85/5.3 17.15M

1 hour ago, Jedi Jat said:

what if I tell you 70 is perhaps

Reveal hidden contents

Well, hell.

If we’re gonna disappoint, let’s flippin’ disappoint. All aboard, people, this train doesn’t stop.

• Astonished 1

J.J will be alright. I hated the TROS but I don't have him as the first person to blame for this.

Lucasfilm and to be precise Kathleen Kennedy is because she didn't make sure this trilogy had clear beginning, middle and end. With the basic plot points already figured out at least after the end of the first film. They didn't that's why Star Wars (cinematically) is in that state right now.

3 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

"The Last Jedi won't hurt The Rise of Skywalker." 

TLJ had an effect on TROS OW. Not the 50 million drop imo but that was a discussion for the OW thread. But we aren’t gonna blame the legs of a movie on the movie before it. 

The Rise of the Skywalker being a not so good movie is why it’s legs aren’t looking too hot. Had it been good, its second weekend drop would be different. Sort of like how Wonder Woman being good was able to withstand the DC movie disasters that were BvS and Suicide Squad and pull a 4x multiplier. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

It was basically in sense that since as spinoff we beat Ant-Man, F&F beat MCU. :hahaha:

Omg. Now I get it. I was so confused. It was an odd comparison cause the two films had nothing in comparison. Not even their box office. 

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

TLJ had an effect on TROS OW. Not the 50 million drop imo but that was a discussion for the OW thread. But we aren’t gonna blame the legs of a movie on the movie before it. 

The Rise of the Skywalker being a not so good movie is why it’s legs aren’t looking too hot. Had it been good, its second weekend drop would be different. Sort of like how Wonder Woman being good was able to withstand the DC movie disasters that were BvS and Suicide Squad and pull a 4x multiplier. 

I never blamed TROS legs on The Last Jedi. I blame the Last Jedi on the lack of hype and lower opening weekend though.

• Like 2

Thanks so much everyone! Like AntMan’s success from the Avengers - ya never know how these smaller movies splinter off from their big franchises, so this win was a big one for us.

Keep an eye for DJ in twitterosphere Jan 10-12 weekend. JUM could get close to TROS.

Our small Jumanji middle chapter toe to toe with the conclusion of the Star Wars franchise was not something we ever dreamed off! While Skywalker saga has ended, Jumanji is just getting started. Let's say that they have passed the light saber to us. Ha ha...Love ya all and Thank you.

• Haha 3

If we think a little, we can find a lot of similarities between Justice League and TROS's run:

1. Both movies were sequels to badly received movies.

2. Both movies got bad reviews from critic.

3. Both movies had biased fans claiming they would have MUCH better WOM than the previous movie, because it wasn't 'dark/complex'. At the end of day, WOM was almost equal.

4. Both movies suffered a huge drop from its predecessor.

5. Both movies that, were once seen as an Event of a generation ended as a wimpier.

Let's see if the SW brand can recover from it like DCU did with Aquaman.

Although, I really, REALLY doubt SW will be ever able to produce a product that has such a huge OS appeal like AQMN, lmfao.

Oh, and in both cases we had Deadline embarrassing themself, trying to convince us that both movies were doing fine, but I'm not including this since Deadline is always an embarrassing.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, RockyMountain said:

Delete comment about Fandom Menance.

Honestly the numbers dropping just a slight bit from yesterday isn't all that surprising. The College football playoffs are on today

We’ve found Deadline’s spin master writer. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7