Eric Duncan

Weekend Thread: SW 26.2/25.3/21 72.5M | Jumanji 11.7/12.4/11 35.1M | Frozen 6/5.85/5.3 17.15M

Just now, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

If we think a little, we can find a lot of similarities between Justice League and TROS's run:

1. Both movies were sequels to badly received movies.

2. Both movies got bad reviews from critic.

3. Both movies had biased fans claiming they would have MUCH better WOM than the previous movie, because it wasn't 'dark/complex'. At the end of day, WOM was almost equal.

4. Both movies suffered a huge drop from its predecessor.

5. Both movies that, were once seen as an Event of a generation ended as a wimpier.

Let's see if the SW brand can recover from it like DCU did with Aquaman.

Although, I really, REALLY doubt SW will be ever able to produce a product that has such a huge OS appeal like AQMN, lmfao.

Oh, and in both cases we had Deadline embarrassing themself, trying to convince us that both movies were doing fine, but I'm not including this since Deadline is always an embarrassing.

They could make something with huge appeal OS, but they have to make something very different, especially visually, and i don’t know if they will after TROS show how coward they are. 

14 minutes ago, Merkel said:

The Rise of Skywalker hurt itself

I haven't commented much on it....    it's one of the most disappointing movies of all time.  It's one of the dumbest scripts in a big budget movie I have ever seen.  There are at least 3-4 macguffins.  There is a ton of shit that goes unexplained. It's a bad bad movie..  

I don't want to hear about TLJ when you have to take into account everything this movie fails to be. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, a2k said:

With 24 Sat would go for roughly

Fri 27 Dec 19 26.0 -14.8% 315.8    
Sat 28 Dec 19 24.0 -7.7% 339.8    
Sun 29 Dec 19 18.0 -25.0% 357.8 68.0 -61.7%
Mon 30 Dec 19 14.0 -22.2% 371.8    
Tue 31 Dec 19 12.0 -14.3% 383.8    
Wed 1 Jan 20 16.0 33.3% 399.8    
Thu 2 Jan 20 8.0 -50.0% 407.8 50.0  
Fri 3 Jan 20 10.5 31.3% 418.3    
Sat 4 Jan 20 14.0 33.3% 432.3    
Sun 5 Jan 20 8.0 -42.9% 440.3 32.5 -52.2%

440.3 + 32.5*2.0 = 505 dom

F2>BATB>TROS would be quite a sight.

Cmon box office gods, I am a humble and loyal follower. Bless me in January.

• Haha 2

I think the series will be a good exposure for the franchise though

The Mandalorian is very loved (the season finale by Taika Waititi is praised by everyone basically), the Obi Wan series could be even bigger...

Maybe they should cancel the 2022 movie and give at least 6 years of hiatus, and then come back with a movie that really seems fresh, in all aspects, maybe it will face backlash and rejection at the beginning, but could work after some time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

What are the chances that TROS becomes the highest grossing film to not cross a billion?

Despite all the overreacting going on it will still be over 700m by the end of the weekend and probably around 800m or so by New Years. Chances are still extremely small it won't cross a billion. 

Frozen 2 is a very sweet movie 

Yeah, it’s worse than the first, maybe that’s why it face some disappointment when it’s released, but is easy to forget the first is better and enjoy the second for being a very funny adventure with spectacular visuals and some great songs, that’s why it’s holding well. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

What are the chances that TROS becomes the highest grossing film to not cross a billion?

If domestic ends at 500m it needs 218 more from overseas to hit a billion. Don't think it'll collapse to that degree to make less than that.

21 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

Both can be true it opened small because of TLJ is sinking because it too is terrible 

I owe you a like, but this exactly...

Embrace the power of "both/and"...the ugly open was TLJ...the ugly legs will be the awfulness of the trilogy overall story (aka, the utter lack of one which actually manages to also destroy the stories before...that's an incredible feat on its own:)...

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, RockyMountain said:

Despite all the overreacting going on it will still be over 700m by the end of the weekend and probably around 800m or so by New Years. Chances are still extremely small it won't cross a billion. 

I have no problem with calling out the obnoxious doom and gloom on these weekend threads but I don't see very many overreactions concerning Skywalker. I see more people ignoring the disappointing numbers despite promising that it would easily outgross Jedi just a few months ago.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

If we think a little, we can find a lot of similarities between Justice League and TROS's run:

1. Both movies were sequels to badly received movies.

2. Both movies got bad reviews from critic.

3. Both movies had biased fans claiming they would have MUCH better WOM than the previous movie, because it wasn't 'dark/complex'. At the end of day, WOM was almost equal.

4. Both movies suffered a huge drop from its predecessor.

5. Both movies that, were once seen as an Event of a generation ended as a wimpier.

Let's see if the SW brand can recover from it like DCU did with Aquaman.

Although, I really, REALLY doubt SW will be ever able to produce a product that has such a huge OS appeal like AQMN, lmfao.

Oh, and in both cases we had Deadline embarrassing themself, trying to convince us that both movies were doing fine, but I'm not including this since Deadline is always an embarrassing.

300px-Chris_Terrio.jpg

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I have no problem with calling out the obnoxious doom and gloom on these weekend threads but I don't see very many overreactions concerning Skywalker. I see more people ignoring the disappointing numbers despite promising that it would easily outgross Jedi just a few months ago.

It really isn't that great of a movie. It hitting a billion is fine. If it was a great movie that was getting great reviews it would definitely be disappointing but most everyone is just ready to move on from the ST after TROS.

And you are referring to a time when no one knew anything about the movie accept for those that dug into the leaks.

Edited by RockyMountain
  • Disbelief 1