Eric Atreides

Weekend Thread: SW 26.2/25.3/21 72.5M | Jumanji 11.7/12.4/11 35.1M | Frozen 6/5.85/5.3 17.15M

17 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Who needs spin when you cross 800 million :ph34r:

:lol:

they aren't going to wait long to spin that thought. od, ow, 2nd weekend..everything is up for grabs. i think DJ will compare it with POTC's non existent thursday previews.

In 2022 those of on the sides will still be enduring the SW version of BvS..... 3 years later and some still cant leave it be..... BvS making what it did without the huge opening would have been fine, that huge opening and piss poor legs did it in - in a way that Jedi managed to avoid even having piss poor legs. 

ROTS is what it is, cant be changed and some refusing to recognize that the film having bad wom changes things from pre-release are as stuck in a hallow cloud as those who refuse to see it is underperforming. 

A big film just being big and meh, really brings out the poor behavior of the board in general... 

• Like 2

Just now, a2k said:

:lol:

they aren't going to wait long to spin that thought. od, ow, 2nd weekend..everything is up for grabs. i think DJ will compare it with POTC's non existent thursday previews.

“We’re hearing that it absolutely crushed Curse of the Black Pearl’s previews on a % basis...”

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, MattW said:

I was thinking yesterday Ep9 worldwide under Ep7 domestic was too much of a reach for a club, but with the way the curve is bending down it might look plausible in a few days.

Somebody made this for ep 7 adjusted, but it was merged with the 1B club since they’re very close goals.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, narniadis said:

He already said he wasnt doing Frozen or Jumanji and insinuated that SW9 was also dropping today. He hasnt given a number, but its also the time he is usually sleeping.

He did give a number for Sat, it was just inside like 6 spoiler boxes for drama. I’ll use only one

Spoiler

23-24 💀

Edited by Arendelle Legion
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Andreas said:

Did I say that TROS' financial performance is a good one? Oh yeah, I probably did, or else you wouldn't assume, out of the blue, that I did, am I right? Scott thinking TROS might pass TLJ domestically is just as improbable as you thinking TROS won't pass $1B ww.

$220M OW vs $177m OW. Should it though?

Look man, I’ve been saying for awhile that RISE OF SKYWALKER’s numbers were pretty good.

But yes, with the way the holidays lined up, and with its numbers this week and Christmas, it should have trounced TLJ’s second weekend.

• Thanks 1

$ 1B isn’t good, there’s no big deal on assuming that, even for fans like me. 

The movie is bad, it could match TLJ if it’s good, but it is what it is.

Of course is not a disaster, the franchise is obviously not dead, it will be very profitable, some people is overreacting the whole thing... but it’s the final movie, make 300M less than the middle movie isn’t anything to be proud and Disney certainly expecting to at least come close to TLJ.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Arendelle Legion said:

He did give a number for Sat, it was just inside like 6 spoiler boxes for drama. I’ll use only one

Hide contents

23-24 💀

Whoops, not sure how I missed that since I thought I had clicked all the boxes 😂

That being said, I hope not but wouldnt be surprised 

3 minutes ago, Andreas said:

Did I say that TROS' financial performance is a good one? Oh yeah, I probably did, or else you wouldn't assume, out of the blue, that I did, am I right? Scott thinking TROS might pass TLJ domestically is just as improbable as you thinking TROS won't pass $1B ww.

It should have, if it wanted to come anywere close to TLJ it needed 84m or more.

"TROS monday will be around 14m or so and TLJ's monday was 27m so TLJ OW didn't double TROS OW how come TLJ monday doubles TROS monday"

if someone would make that statement we would also say it's stupid, Different dates different trends.

With TROS looking to give up tons of screens after Jan 1 (since it's got too many to use), and with only one wide opener Jan 3 (unless I misread the schedule), might a limited release move up its "Go wide" date and try to take the smaller screens that will be open (since the theaters can't give up the biggest screen b/c of the TROS contract, but they could give all the smaller ones away:)...

1917 might enjoy a holiday weekend open almost all to itself...and the excess screens it could grab...

Edited by TwoMisfits

If RISE OF SKYWALKER grosses $69 million this weekend it’ll be at $358 million domestically.

At the end of AVATAR’s second weekend, it had grossed $212 million.

Suck on that, pessimists.

Edited by ViewerAnon
  • Haha 6

Saw TROS again today and i have to say im beginning to kinda like it. Ofc i was still laughing at certain parts where i probably shoudnt have laughed in J. J.'s mind, but the whole film is just so fast and entertaining.

Just now, ViewerAnon said:

If RISE OF SKYWALKER grosses $69 million this weekend it’ll be at $358 million domestically.

At the end of AVATAR’s second weekend, it had grossed $212 million.

Suck on that, pessimists.

4.7B is a GO :ohmyzod:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 2

17 minutes ago, Andreas said:

Christmas Eve deflated the hell out of TLJ's second Sunday.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Andreas said:

I'm projecting the film to crack the billion mark. Maybe you need to talk to the people projecting it to get below that mark? 

21 minutes ago, ZackM said:

I've got Saturday about 2% ahead of Friday as of 1:30 EST.  I wonder if Saturday will lose ground this evening due to CFB playoffs.

It would be cool if you can keep us updated. Yesterday your local sample was representative 

As you understood I'm a huge SW fan but I have no problem to admit that under 1b would be a deception for the finale of this trilogy 

Edited by Moviefanfr