Eric Atreides

Weekend Thread: SW 26.2/25.3/21 72.5M | Jumanji 11.7/12.4/11 35.1M | Frozen 6/5.85/5.3 17.15M

16 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

TROS under Captain Marvel WW, did someone predict this  ?

TROS could finish between 6th and 9th WW.

Ykes.

TROS could even be beaten by the dancing movie.

Crazy.

Nah Cats Will not make more than $200m

2 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I think Taika Waititi also could be a very good option to direct a SW movie... good writer, good director, excellent timing for both comedy / drama, and of course very strong personality

Yes, he would be great. He did a great job with the Mando season finale and already has blockbuster experience from Ragnarok.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Cappoedameron said:

The insane critical and fan reception will disagree with you.

It's got fun memes but it falters in a lot of essential elements like writing and characters. Baby Yoda is cute though

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

"The Last Jedi won't hurt The Rise of Skywalker." 

2 hours ago, Merkel said:

The Rise of Skywalker hurt itself

Both actually. But TLJ not only hurt their OW, but also their plot.

I'm really not surprised to see all that, I was absolutely sure since TLJ that TROS will have a big drop from it, it was always inevitable thing, Solo result just solidified it.

• Like 3

Just now, Firepower said:

Both actually. But TLJ not only hurt their OW, but also their plot.

I'm really not surprised to see all that, I was absolutely sure since TLJ that TROS will have a big drop from it, it was always inevitable thing, Solo result just solidified it.

Why TLJ hurt the TROS plot?

3 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

The insane critical and fan reception will disagree with you.

How many people are even watching it?  And what percentage of those people are run-of-the-mill dudes that simply want "gritty" Star Wars?  It's all the same people that think Rogue One and Revenge of the Sith are good.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I think Taika Waititi also could be a very good option to direct a SW movie... good writer, good director, excellent timing for both comedy / drama, and of course very strong personality

10 minutes ago, Menor said:

Yes, he would be great. He did a great job with the Mando season finale and already has blockbuster experience from Ragnarok.

If I was Iger I’d be trying to lock him down for a movie or three ASAP. Maybe with enough  of a pause to do some smaller projects between Love and Thunder. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ZackM said:

How many people are even watching it?  And what percentage of those people are run-of-the-mill dudes that simply want "gritty" Star Wars?  It's all the same people that think Rogue One and Revenge of the Sith are good.

You just had to throw those jabs in there...

2 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

The true gems of the post-OT canon content.

I mean, I think its true that TCW has better writing than the Mandalorian (haven't seen enough of Rebels to comment). But I don't think that as much a bad reflection on Mando as it is a good one on TCW.

• Like 1

Just now, Menor said:

You just had to throw those jabs in there...

Sorry, that probably came off harsher than I intended.  I mentioned it because I have found a high correlation with someone's rating of those two movies and how much I disagree with them about Star Wars in general.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Scott Mendelson is a great guy.

Sorry, but no. Aside from being incompetent box office analyst, the guy is also shitty film critic, he literally likes to give bad movies passable marks as long as it has "strong female leads"/woman director or vice versa, and he's just a dick as a person.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

And now they need to decide if they'll keep trying to please older audiences that clearly didn't want the franchise to evolve or do something new to actually gain new audiences, especially foreign.

To me the main reason for IX failure as a movie is exactly because they try to please everyone a bit when clearly this isn't possible

Agreed, It’s gonna be very tricky.

Continuing to please older fans will most likely lead to further decline and diminishing box office returns, but would be the “safer” option, at least initially, while trying something new and fresh could capture the attention of new audiences, especially in emerging market, but it could also completely backfire in that everyone, new and old, rejects that approach.

LF/Disney has some crucial decisions to make.

Edited by Feanor
  • Like 2
  • Disbelief 1