Eric Atreides

Weekend Thread: SW 26.2/25.3/21 72.5M | Jumanji 11.7/12.4/11 35.1M | Frozen 6/5.85/5.3 17.15M

4 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Would be 15% over RO Dec 27, which was its 12th day.   

A Tuesday.

It feels like reaching Rogue One numbers might be a tall ask. It needed to open much bigger numbers since it had a shorter holiday runway. 

2 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

How are TROS's overseas numbers going?

Some are saying they're smaller than the domestic numbers. That would be bad. 

Thursday DOM: $30.6 million/ Total: $289.8 million

Thursday OS: $24.4 million/ Total: $282.3 million

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, PKMLover said:

What is the average Sat increase for Sat in 2013? 

Top 8 rose by about 5% or so on average: https://www.boxofficemojo.com/date/2013-12-28/?ref_=bo_da_nav

On Sun the top 8 dropped 23% avg: https://www.boxofficemojo.com/date/2013-12-29/?ref_=bo_da_nav

13 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Feel like this is the battle of five armies for Star Wars.

BOFA opened closer to christmas day than Smaug and indeed, BoFA had stronger initial run than Smaug thanks to the strategy. That misled people into thinking BoFA will have higher total than Smaug by the end of run.

In the end, BoFA fell off quickly after the holiday as it runs out of holiday boost earlier than Smaug. Eventually,  BoFA grossed lesser than Smaug 

Battle of the Five Armies grossed virtually the same as Smaug WW. WB made a big profit and everyone knew it was going to drop domestically anyway. Not a big disappointment.

This is going to struggle to reach 1B lol. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

Thursday DOM: $30.6 million/ Total: $289.8 million

Thursday OS: $24.4 million/ Total: $282.3 million

Thanks for the info.

Yeah, I don't think TROS is getting 712 million overseas like TLJ. It seems that both domestic and overseas numbers are gonna end up being similar. I see no huge gap between them, unless it starts dropping like a rock overseas.

Edited by Blaze Heatnix
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Thanks for the info.

Yeah, I don't think TROS is getting 712 million overseas like TLJ. It seems that both domestic and overseas numbers are end up being similar. I see no huge gap between them, unless it starts dropping like a rock overseas.

It had zero chance of getting to that since it opened. Right now it is hoping for 550m overseas but it might go lower 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Thanks for the info.

Yeah, I don't think TROS is getting 712 million overseas like TLJ. It seems that both domestic and overseas numbers are gonna end up being similar. I see no huge gap between them, unless it starts dropping like a rock overseas.

It’d be happy to hit 550+550 or so.

• Like 2

This whole week / 9 days has felt weird, like Star Wars aside the films in play have all done odd things in comparison with past years and or have done heavier than normal drops and rises.... makes tracking and predicting hard. 

Thank you as always to JJ for the early data.