Eric Atreides

Weekend Thread: SW 26.2/25.3/21 72.5M | Jumanji 11.7/12.4/11 35.1M | Frozen 6/5.85/5.3 17.15M

9 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

If I was Iger I’d be trying to lock him down for a movie or three ASAP. Maybe with enough  of a pause to do some smaller projects between Love and Thunder. 

Star Wars: An Anti-Hate Satire

16 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Why TLJ hurt the TROS plot?

TLJ left nothing for TROS, it killed off big bad guy, killed off Luke, concluded most of the key plot points, left no hook or reason to see the final movie. JJ honestly didn't have a chance to make a good movie out of that mess he got.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I've had a really hard time sitting through a single episode of Manalorian, to be honest. And that's from someone who actually really liked TROS.

Btw, remember when everyone thought Aladdin was destined to absolutely bomb on all fronts? And now it will end up higher than TROS WW. smh

17 minutes ago, ZackM said:

Sorry, that probably came off harsher than I intended.  I mentioned it because I have found a high correlation with someone's rating of those two movies and how much I disagree with them about Star Wars in general.

I mean the Star Wars you like might have killed the franchise and definitely killed this trilogy so....

Edited by boomboom234

19 minutes ago, Feanor said:

Agreed, It’s gonna be very tricky.

Continuing to please older fans will most likely lead to further decline and diminishing box office returns, but would be the “safer” option, at least initially, while trying something new and fresh could capture the attention of new audiences, especially in emerging market, but it could also completely backfire in that everyone, new and old, rejects that approach.

LF/Disney has some crucial decisions to make.

The older fans aren’t that hard to please especially since the baggage of the old characters has already been shot dead. The biggest complaints they had was how those characters were treated so poorly. With no legacy characters that makes it easier. Rogue one proves that and so does the Mandalorian

Just now, Menor said:

Lol it is delusional to think the franchise is dead.

Really? I said might, but after solo flopped and this semi disaster they have to be very careful or else they could kill it on the big screen. As the OS breaking and decreasing returns domestic in addition to the lack of future legacy characters, who drove almost all of the interest in this trilogy, makes whatever comes next very risky a few more TLJ esque missteps and what happened to terminator could happen here 

1 minute ago, Moviefanfr said:

If the prequesl didn't kill the franchise, then the sequels won't. 

The difference is the prequels were at the very least very popular with kids, these aren’t check the merchsdise sales for proof, and were viewed as the end of the franchise there was nothing else coming. Disney is still planning more here 

• Like 1

As someone who isn’t really into Star Wars, but knows enough about Star Wars out of fandom obligation to my friends:

This is all JJ Abrams fault. 

He directed and revived the series, but left it with no plan. Then the returned with a conclusion that Is just bad. It has serious pacing issues, several of the revelations fall flat or just don’t work, and it doesn’t provide a satisfactory end to its characters. That is all on him.

• Like 14
  • ...wtf 1

3 minutes ago, Force Ghost Cap said:

As someone who isn’t really into Star Wars, but knows enough about Star Wars our of fandom obligation to my friends:

This is all JJ Abrams fault. 

He directed and revived the series, but left it with no plan. Then the returned with a conclusion that Is just bad. It has serious pacing issues, several of the revelations fall flat or just don’t work, and it doesn’t provide a satisfactory end to its characters. That is all on him.

Yet it was Rian Johnson's film that proved to be the most divisive and fan dividing film of all. JJ was tasked with the impossible, he couldn't clean up Rian Johnson's mess. 

This isn't JJ's fault. This is Bob Iger and Kathleen Kennedy. They revived it with no plan at all. 

Edited by Cappoedameron
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1