Eric Duncan

Weekend Thread: SW 26.2/25.3/21 72.5M | Jumanji 11.7/12.4/11 35.1M | Frozen 6/5.85/5.3 17.15M

28 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

26 would not be a shocking miss, but even with break Saturday early part should be a bit stronger than Friday so I dunno if running even is a good sign to avoid Jat’s projection.

Hmm...yeah.  I didn't make any adjustments for early/late day sales because I figured Friday would have been acting similar to a regular Saturday.

Edit -  Just checked...Today had 10% more tickets sold for shows before 4pm than yesterday.  Lesson learned.

Edited by ZackM

Just as a  mental exercise, full on Doomsday:  

64 wknd, 354 cume. Add 5/3 the weekend (Smaug 7/3rds) is 107, for 461M.    

Reasonable expectation more along lines of:  

66.2 wknd, 356 cume. Add 2x wknd for 488M    

F2 vs TROS is back on, I guess. 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Mendelson projected 31. Wonder if that douche will admit that maybe he was too early in bragging about his prediction of strong legs. 

He was only $10M or so off. Like hitting the outside of the dart board with blind fold on. Close enough! 

Perhaps I wasn't being knee-jerkish before and I should listen to my gut. This thing is tanking now. Didnt even wait until after the whole holiday season, all it took was getting past Boxing Day.

This is good though. This is the kind of dramatic behaviour at the box office the film needs to make a statement to Lucasfilm.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Just as a  mental exercise, full on Doomsday:  

64 wknd, 354 cume. Add 5/3 the weekend (Smaug 7/3rds) is 107, for 461M.    

Reasonable expectation more along lines of:  

66.2 wknd, 356 cume. Add 2x wknd for 488M    

F2 vs TROS is back on, I guess. 

Hahahahahahaha under AOTC adjusted (even worse since that didn’t have 3D or IMAX) and people are saying these movies are better received than the prequels. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

IF that 23mil number is correct the film is beyond f**ked. It will die quickly after New Years. I'm not going to go into guaranteed WTF mode until I see the weekend estimates for the film.

I wonder if Disney will give a typical Disney Sunday lowball. If it’s heading for a real 66, would they give an official 63 or something? Imagine the headlines.

• Astonished 2