Eric Atreides

Weekend Thread: SW 26.2/25.3/21 72.5M | Jumanji 11.7/12.4/11 35.1M | Frozen 6/5.85/5.3 17.15M

7 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

JL was more of a Whedon film than a Snyder film.  That was his failure just like this is JJ's failure. 

I said what I said and what I said was the truth. You go and argue about that with someone else. I'm going to talk about Star Wars. Go into the fanboy thread to vent.

• Like 1

By the end of the first week of the new year ( 2018 ), TLJ was at 572 million domestic.

It's domestic run finished with 620 million.  So, it made 48 million more after the new year week.

Wow, what's gonna happen to TROS? It's seriously in trouble, isn't it?

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I'm not much of a TLJ or Johnson fan. I did like Knives Out though.

I'm a Johnson fan and I liked TLJ, I just don't ignore its overall reception like other fans tend to. I like JJ Abrams too and I think that Skywalker is a bad movie with iffy word of mouth.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 2

This is truly disaster territory we're approaching.  I mean we're seriously considering sub 500m domestic? Who could have gu--

Spoiler

Oh i'm sorry i seem to have dropped this here...

Now i'll admit i didn't anticipate JJ making a bloated mess ofa movie, so the legs being what they are so far makes up for my OW guess being 30m off. I was pretty proud of that reasoning though...if only more people had actually read the post...

Edited by Bobbybuilderton
  • Like 4

Just now, Bobbybuilderton said:

This is truly disaster territory we're approaching.  I mean we're seriously considering sub 500m domestic? Who could have gu-- 

Oh i'm sorry i seem to have dropped this here...

Now i'll admit i didn't anticipate JJ making a bloated mess ofa movie, so the legs being what they are so far makes up for my OW guess being 30m off. I was pretty proud of that reasoning though...if only more people had actually read the post...

Rise of Skywalker = Revenge of the prequels

• Like 2

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

Not a great weekend for Disney. The two college football playoff games have been absolute rubbish, which means crap ratings for ESPN/Disney. They paid a shitload of money for the broadcast rights. 

Everything is proceeding to how i have forseen it

• Haha 2
  • Disbelief 1

2 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

So I guess we can't put much stock in the RT audience score? RoS will have potentially a worse multiplier than TLJ even though it has an 86 audience score with 64K+ verified.

Verified vs unverified just can’t compare. 86% verified is a medium score, pretty in line with the B+ CS, which most recognized as a sign of bad WOM.

4 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

So I guess we can't put much stock in the RT audience score? RoS will have potentially a worse multiplier than TLJ even though it has an 86 audience score with 64K+ verified.

Maybe, although 86% isn’t that great this early in a movie’s run. I remember big WOM hits in the past would be more like 94-95%

• Like 1

Rian Johnson J.J. Abrams and Kathleen Kennedy have killed this trilogy and severely damaged the brand. They should be proud of their achievement it takes effort to fuck up this bad. J.J. for having no creativity and reboating ANJ and resetting all of our heroes and the universe to their original states to sate his nostalgia boner. But he did leave potential for future films, there was still hope here 

Rian Johnson for taking that hope and just murdering making a nihilistic movie   nothing matters. Where our symbol of heroism is turned into an attempted child murderer then killed off. And all of the new heroes are wasted. Making matters worse the film breaks Star Wars lore and ends with such finality that there is no where to go. There are no hooks, nothing to excite fans for the next movie. It’s the film which broke the fanbase and made everyone else disinterested 

Then J.J. came back threw everything at the wall hoping something would stick but nothing did. Brought back Palpatine and in so doing made the whole plot of the first six movies irrelevant and pointless ( the final insult to the fans of the old movies) and ended the franchise with a whimper 

And Kennedy supervised this mess, letting a trilogy go forward with no story and let two directors give each other a series of metaphorical middle fingers in the forms of their movies negating the ones the other made.

What a hilarious and heartbreaking mess. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

3 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

Rian Johnson J.J. Abrams and Kathleen Kennedy have killed this trilogy and severely damaged the brand. They should be proud of their achievement it takes effort to fuck up this bad. J.J. for having no creativity and reboating ANJ and resetting all of our heroes and the universe to their original states to sate his nostalgia boner. But he did leave potential for future films, there was still hope here 

Rian Johnson for taking that hope and just murdering making a nihilistic movie   nothing matters. Where our symbol of heroism is turned into an attempted child murderer then killed off. And all of the new heroes are wasted. Making matters worse the film breaks Star Wars lore and ends with such finality that there is no where to go. There are no hooks, nothing to excite fans for the next movie. It’s the film which broke the fanbase and made everyone else disinterested 

Then J.J. came back threw everything at the wall hoping something would stick but nothing did. Brought back Palpatine and in so doing made the whole plot of the first six movies irrelevant and pointless ( the final insult to the fans of the old movies) and ended the franchise with a whimper 

And Kennedy supervised this mess, letting a trilogy go forward with no story and let two directors give each other a series of metaphorical middle fingers in the forms of their movies negating the ones the other made.

What a hilarious and heartbreaking mess. 

Lucas is happy

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I think it's still a useful stat. Problem is people just twisted the 86 and tried to paint it as a good score when in reality it correlates with a B+ cinema score. Which isn't good for a franchise film.

• Like 2