Eric Duncan

Weekend Thread: SW 26.2/25.3/21 72.5M | Jumanji 11.7/12.4/11 35.1M | Frozen 6/5.85/5.3 17.15M

26 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Boomboom - I could never write something like that based on how I felt the box office was doing. 

The movie is way better than what you have just splurged. The film took years of people’s devotion and labour to produce/create. 

all kudos to you if you think there need to be firings etc, but really? 

to this Star Wars fan, and countless fans around the world - we liked this movie a whole bunch. 

I don’t consider this a heartbreaking mess in the slightest as a fan from 1977. What say you? I mean, how old are you out of interest? Are you of the same age as me? Are you genuinely heartbroken from a movie that adores 1977-1983 as much me? If so, then honestly, how did you feel from 1999-2005? I’m fascinated. 

As a fan from the OT (and as my 1st trilogy on VHS as a kid...I wasn't quite old enough for theaters, but boy did I watch the heck out of them), yeah, I'll agree with boomboom...

While I didn't leave TROS angry and ticked off, I left completely disinterested and treated like I was stupid..."kitchen sink" nostalgia flash scenes that don't even fit in a movie just to try to have me ignore the awfulness of the rest of the movie - yeah, I'm not rewarding crap like that.  At this point, I'll demand better by convincing others to stay away.

• Like 4
  • Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, #ED said:

Is it me or this wasn’t marketed as the finale till tickets went on sale? 

Either way, I don’t see the studios being upset about the total gross. It’s disappointing of course, to us.

You don't think Disney is going to do any course correction? You think they are happy with the numbers and reception of the film. You think Disney aren't the least bit disappointed?

15 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

It's still Patty's film more than Zack's to be honest, that and she turned up the color.

Who do you think inspired and likely (actually I believe it's confirmed) assisted with the action sequences?  You guys need to stop this madness and move on..  

• Knock It Off 1

4 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Who do you think inspired and likely (actually I believe it's confirmed) assisted with the action sequences?  You guys need to stop this madness and move on..  

Wonder Woman is Patty Jenkins’s movie. End of story.

• Like 6
  • Knock It Off 1

53 minutes ago, REC said:

It really will be the justice league of Star Wars movies.  A collapse for sure.  The reasons for the collapse are debatable, but a collapse nonetheless.

The big difference is that JL was supposed to really kick off the DCEU, while SW was going to have to move onto something new no matter what happened with TROS.  In that sense the stakes were always really low for TROS.

Edited by ZackM
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ZackM said:

The big difference is that JL was supposed to really kick off the DCEU, while SW was going to have to move onto something new no matter what happened with TROS.  In that sense the stakes were always really low for TROS.

But the DCEU has risen from those ashes because it has a catalogue of popular characters. Joker and Aquaman doing amazing proves that, and it has already proven post Batman and Robin to be able to resurrect its franchises. I’m not sure Star Wars can do that 

LOL

This is a very bad number, have a sub 3x with this calendar is a disaster

This is having worse WOM than TLJ and at this point this isn’t even up to debate 

I’m sad to see my favorite franchise ending this way, but i dislike this movie so much that i can only laugh

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

12 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Why am I not surprised that Patty Jenkins is getting discredited.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

6 minutes ago, Manny G said:

Wonder Woman is Patty Jenkins’s movie. End of story.

I never said it wasn't.  JL is Whedon's movie.   Rise of Skywalker is JJ's movie.  People need to stop making excuses,  the movie is falling like a rock because it's not a good movie and that has nothing to do with previous movies.   All the comparisons being thrown around are pointless,  JJ had every opportunity to make a great film and didn't. 

Wow, TROS straight up collapsed. This is much bigger disappointment than Age of Ultron. 

After holidays, Disney is going on fire spree and the executive working at Lucasfilm deserve it. 

2017  Justice league big blow to DC brand. 

2018  Fantastic Beast 2 big blow Wizarding Universe 

2019  Episode 9 big blow to Star Wars

2020 FF9 big blow to FF franchise / Minions 2 to Illumination?? 

1 hour ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Not a great weekend for Disney. The two college football playoff games have been absolute rubbish, which means crap ratings for ESPN/Disney. They paid a shitload of money for the broadcast rights. 

Trevor Lawrence's running ability is surprisingly making one game competitive again...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

But the DCEU has risen from those ashes because it has a catalogue of popular characters. Joker and Aquaman doing amazing proves that, and it has already proven post Batman and Robin to be able to resurrect its franchises. I’m not sure Star Wars can do that 

I don't think a catalog of characters is all that important.  People will get behind new characters if you let them grow organically.  Most of the MCU consists of characters that casual audiences might have known the names of, at best, prior to seeing them on the big screen.  The list of characters from Marvel and DC that were previously household names is pretty short.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Wow, TROS straight up collapsed. This is much bigger disappointment than Age of Ultron. 

After holidays, Disney is going on fire spree and the executive working at Lucasfilm deserve it. 

Definitely not a big blow since AQM and Joker have done phenomenal business domestically and OS. 

What those 2 movies showed, if you make a crowd pleasing movie people won't care what was released before. They'll only care about the current release. Same can be said for SW, if the next chapter is crowd pleasing folks will come back.

Edited by druv10
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Probably none of these will be really affected though

DC already left this behind and it’s doing good and successful movies

Fantastic Beasts finally get a actual writer for the next movies

SW is still big, they just need to give it enough time and focus on the series which is doing fine and bring people together