Jump to content
Snake Eric

Weekend Thread: SW 26.2/25.3/21 72.5M | Jumanji 11.7/12.4/11 35.1M | Frozen 6/5.85/5.3 17.15M

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

With all that going in for it i think Episode 7 would have made the same number even if Zack or bay would have directed it. Lucas would on the other hand have seen the potential of chinese market and Done something mind blowing... j j abrams sucks just plan sucks

I think JJ's mystery boxes added a lot of continued excitement and repeated viewings around the movie, so much buzz and so many theories and so much hype for Luke. Also Disney's marketing push was insane for this, definitely lead to the record breaking numbers. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Fri 27 Dec 19 26.2 -14.1% 316.0    
Sat 28 Dec 19 25.0 -4.6% 341.0    
Sun 29 Dec 19 20.5 -18.0% 361.5 71.7 -59.6%
Mon 30 Dec 19 16.0 -22.0% 377.5    
Tue 31 Dec 19 13.5 -15.6% 391.0    
Wed 1 Jan 20 18.0 33.3% 409.0    
Thu 2 Jan 20 9.5 -47.2% 418.5 57.0  
Fri 3 Jan 20 12.0 26.3% 430.5    
Sat 4 Jan 20 16.0 33.3% 446.5    
Sun 5 Jan 20 9.5 -40.6% 456.0 37.5 -47.7%
Mon 6 Jan 20 3.2 -66.3% 459.2    
Tue 7 Jan 20 4.5 40.6% 463.7    
Wed 8 Jan 20 2.6 -42.2% 466.3    
Thu 9 Jan 20 2.3 -11.5% 468.6 12.6  
Fri 10 Jan 20 4.1 78.3% 472.7    
Sat 11 Jan 20 8.0 95.1% 480.7    
Sun 12 Jan 20 4.9 -38.8% 485.6 17.0 -54.7%

 

485.6 + 2.5*17 = 528.1 Dom (2.98x)

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

JUM

 

Fri 27 Dec 19 11.7 4.5% 151.9  
Sat 28 Dec 19 12.4 6.0% 164.3  
Sun 29 Dec 19 11.2 -9.7% 175.5 35.3
Mon 30 Dec 19 8.5 -24.1% 184.0  
Tue 31 Dec 19 8.0 -5.9% 192.0  
Wed 1 Jan 20 11.2 40.0% 203.2  
Thu 2 Jan 20 5.8 -48.2% 209.0 33.5
Fri 3 Jan 20 7.5 29.3% 216.5  
Sat 4 Jan 20 10.4 38.7% 226.9  
Sun 5 Jan 20 6.1 -41.3% 233.0 24.0

 

233 + 24*3.0 = 305 (5.15x)

233 + 24*3.5 = 317 (5.35x)

Edited by a2k
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

JUM

Quote

The film is pulling in $61.6 million on 15,700 screens in 62 markets internationally for totals of $296 million internationally and $472 million worldwide.

Last weekend was 32+, down from 85+ previous weekend, inducing some panic in me at least.

 

296 OS after 62 weekend means well north of 400 total.

Dom won't even need 300 for WW to cross 700.

750-800 seems realistic.

 

With FFHS doing 760 this is a very pleasing year for Dwanta.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, off topic, but really, I'm bored of SW atm anyway... Instead, I want to broach the subject of interesting sci-fi projects. Namely, can anyone who hasn't watched Netflix's Lost In Space give it a try? I really want a third season.

 

The second season was a marked improvement on the first, especially in terms of acting (the season finale was fantastic all around on that front). Hell, that season finale had superb special effects (without exaggeration, this could easily pass for a good budget theatrical release), good acting, emotional scenes touching on familial themes, wonderful pacing, and a great cliffhanger. I REALLY want a third season. Please, give it a chance if you haven't already. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, a2k said:

JUM

Last weekend was 32+, down from 85+ previous weekend, inducing some panic in me at least.

 

296 OS after 62 weekend means well north of 400 total.

Dom won't even need 300 for WW to cross 700.

750-800 seems realistic.

 

With FFHS doing 760 this is a very pleasing year for Dwanta.

And some people were acting like his career was over last year. Such eye rolling overreactions.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Little Women did well so your post doesn't make any sense.

He is right. It is not doing bad, but it is not doing anywhere near as good as the write ups are having it appear. It is not some Django, Les Miserables, Wolf of Wall Street or Into the Woods break out as they are trying to spin it. They are also ignoring that it is seeing straight decreases through its first six (possibly seven?) days, and that is unprecedented for a Christmas release.     

  • ...wtf 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, FortyLove said:

He is right. It is not doing bad, but it is not doing anywhere near as good as the write ups are having it appear. It is not some Django, Les Miserables, Wolf of Wall Street or Into the Woods break out as they are trying to spin it. They are also ignoring that it is seeing straight decreases through its first six (possibly seven?) days, and that is unprecedented for a Christmas release.     

There's a movement to get Gerwig nominated and pushing the box office success is part of that. I'm not going to comment on the movie's quality of Gerwig's status as a worthy nominee or not. Its simply fact that the narrative being built around lack of women nominees in the major categories, especially BD, has Gerwig front and center. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

Guys, off topic, but really, I'm bored of SW atm anyway... Instead, I want to broach the subject of interesting sci-fi projects. Namely, can anyone who hasn't watched Netflix's Lost In Space give it a try? I really want a third season.

 

The second season was a marked improvement on the first, especially in terms of acting (the season finale was fantastic all around on that front). Hell, that season finale had superb special effects (without exaggeration, this could easily pass for a good budget theatrical release), good acting, emotional scenes touching on familial themes, wonderful pacing, and a great cliffhanger. I REALLY want a third season. Please, give it a chance if you haven't already. 

Halfway through

 

Just like S1 the visuals and soundtrack are on point

 

It feels like they turned the melodrama dial up to 11 though, found myself laughing at some moments that were meant to be emotional

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stealthyfrog said:

Halfway through

 

Just like S1 the visuals and soundtrack are on point

 

It feels like they turned the melodrama dial up to 11 though, found myself laughing at some moments that were meant to be emotional

Yeah, fair enough - though I think the second half of the season deals with those moments far better, especially the finale. Still quite a few moments that are a bit on the nose, but the acting is very good, thus elevating the scene. Hell, even the kid that plays Will brings his A game in the finale. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DAJK said:

I mean awards-wise. It's being turned into a victim, that would otherwise be winning everything if it weren't for sexist voting practices etc.

https://www.irishcentral.com/opinion/cahirodoherty/little-women-awards-problem

 

I'm not saying the movie doesn't deserve awards. I haven't seen it yet, and I might absolutely love it. But at this point I feel like any opinion I have on the movie is going to be judged based on what my gender is.

 

Ah. The old "I haven't seen the movie but....." move.

 

This truly is the weakest of sauce.

 

PS: Even this opinion article, by a single Irish journo who isn't even from the movie trades and is trying to boost the movie because Saiorse Ronan is a beloved local, doesn't really imply that it should be "winning everything". Merely that you would think it would have been nominated for something by now given the quality of the film. 

 

PPS: The observation that the movie shows technical excellence and is much beloved by most who have seen it juxtaposed against its lack of nominations thus far is of note regardless of the gender of the director. Just as it was last year with Leave No Trace, The Rider and You Were Never Really Here.

 

PPPS: I do hope you enjoy the film. I did. It's close to my favourite of the year, if not actually so. If not, I don't think you're a sexist. Though I might think you don't necessarily have the best taste. 

 

Really hoping it can make it to the $100m mark, along with Uncut Gems and Knives Out as the big wins of the season. (Well, Frozen 2 is the big win of the season, but otherwise)

Edited by Ipickthiswhiterose
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, FortyLove said:

He is right. It is not doing bad, but it is not doing anywhere near as good as the write ups are having it appear. It is not some Django, Les Miserables, Wolf of Wall Street or Into the Woods break out as they are trying to spin it. They are also ignoring that it is seeing straight decreases through its first six (possibly seven?) days, and that is unprecedented for a Christmas release.     

A period drama doing 29mil in five days in this box office climate is pretty damn good.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Litttle Women after 5.0 Sun (29 5-day) roughly,

 

Mon 4.25 -15.00%  
Tue 4 -5.88%  
Wed 5 25.00%  
Thu 2.75 -45.00% 16 M-Th
Fri 3.5 27.27%  
Sat 4.75 35.71%  
Sun 2.75 -42.11% 11 FSS

 

29 + 16 + 11 = 56 after Jan 3-5 FSS

 

56 + 11*3 = 89

56 + 11*4 = 100

 

Won't be surprised if it comes under 95 dom and so far away to warrant a push to 100.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, a2k said:
Fri 27 Dec 19 26.2 -14.1% 316.0    
Sat 28 Dec 19 25.0 -4.6% 341.0    
Sun 29 Dec 19 20.5 -18.0% 361.5 71.7 -59.6%
Mon 30 Dec 19 16.0 -22.0% 377.5    
Tue 31 Dec 19 13.5 -15.6% 391.0    
Wed 1 Jan 20 18.0 33.3% 409.0    
Thu 2 Jan 20 9.5 -47.2% 418.5 57.0  
Fri 3 Jan 20 12.0 26.3% 430.5    
Sat 4 Jan 20 16.0 33.3% 446.5    
Sun 5 Jan 20 9.5 -40.6% 456.0 37.5 -47.7%
Mon 6 Jan 20 3.2 -66.3% 459.2    
Tue 7 Jan 20 4.5 40.6% 463.7    
Wed 8 Jan 20 2.6 -42.2% 466.3    
Thu 9 Jan 20 2.3 -11.5% 468.6 12.6  
Fri 10 Jan 20 4.1 78.3% 472.7    
Sat 11 Jan 20 8.0 95.1% 480.7    
Sun 12 Jan 20 4.9 -38.8% 485.6 17.0 -54.7%

 

485.6 + 2.5*17 = 528.1 Dom (2.98x)

I think some of the Fri and Sat bumps are a little optimistic and not sure the post holiday legs will be that good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FortyLove said:

He is right. It is not doing bad, but it is not doing anywhere near as good as the write ups are having it appear. It is not some Django, Les Miserables, Wolf of Wall Street or Into the Woods break out as they are trying to spin it. They are also ignoring that it is seeing straight decreases through its first six (possibly seven?) days, and that is unprecedented for a Christmas release.     

The write-ups on Little Women have been totally normal, I dont know why you are acting like the decreases are even notable. It's basically stayed flat and barely dropped from it's opening on Christmas day.  This is a solid opening for an adult drama in this day and age. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Menor said:

I think some of the Fri and Sat bumps are a little optimistic and not sure the post holiday legs will be that good.

agree with that. coming mon-thu is also a bit too healthy on 2nd look. a more realistic model would give 515-520.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.