Eric Atreides

Weekend Thread: SW 26.2/25.3/21 72.5M | Jumanji 11.7/12.4/11 35.1M | Frozen 6/5.85/5.3 17.15M

25 minutes ago, Nova said:

So I decided to watch TROS and I really wish I hadn’t. I can’t remember the last time I hated literally everything a movie did to the characters of a franchise. Yet TROS somehow someway made me hate literally everything they did to the characters. 

AOTC > TROS after re-watch 😄

AOTC has unforgivable acting, dialogue delivery and cringe from CH in quiet a few scenes with Padme but there's so much to like about the movie too. Obi-Wan sequences flow smoothly, simpler story and character motivations make sense, the score and world building make it watchable.

AOTC is earnest (5.5/10) while TROS is a hack (3.5/10).

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 2
  • Knock It Off 1

7 hours ago, raulbalarezo said:

Cats really brought down what was a pretty good year for Universal, it's also the second year in a row, they've had huge money losers in December although the losses for Cats and Black Christmas aren't nearly as bad as Mortal Engines and Welcome to Marwen. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, a2k said:

AOTC has unforgivable acting, dialogue delivery and cringe from CH in quiet a few scenes with Padme but there's so much to like about the movie too. Obi-Wan sequences flow smoothly, simpler story and character motivations make sense, the score and world building make it watchable.

My rating of TROS: where is the Neuralyzer from Men in Black when you need it. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, a2k said:

Revange of the sith is big pay off with first 2 just for character development and setting things up and it’s way better than attack of clones 

you will like it 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

The Rock exaggerate everything. 

Next time he may start calling Black Adam an indie movie. 

"At a time when CBM fatigue has set in, we boldly risked a family friendly super-hero film of an unknown character much like Ant-Man and never expected it to perform better than well known heroes like Hellboy! Thanks for making it a big success like you guys did with Black Panther. Love ya all."

• Haha 4

56 minutes ago, Nova said:

So I decided to watch TROS and I really wish I hadn’t. I can’t remember the last time I hated literally everything a movie did to the characters of a franchise. Yet TROS somehow someway made me hate literally everything they did to the characters. 

I actually felt same just after I watched it but giving it some time (2 days), I liked it enough that I will check it out post Digital release.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, a2k said:

oh lmao sorry about the reaction, thought you were talking about Revenge of the sith :lol: 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Cats really brought down what was a pretty good year for Universal, it's also the second year in a row, they've had huge money losers in December although the losses for Cats and Black Christmas aren't nearly as bad as Mortal Engines and Welcome to Marwen. 

Mortal Engines was a good movie. Awesome world building, it's a shame it flopped. 

4 minutes ago, JB33 said:

You went and saw it huh? Was it just the direction they went with it?

I was fine with the feminist messaging as I agree with that stuff. I wasn't fine with the awful script. The film isn't remotely creepy, it has one-dimensional characters that I didn't care about and bland direction. Messaging works better when it's not yelled out to you awkwardly and the story and characters are actually interesting.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 3

Whoever is maintaining the title, the Fri/Sat numbers are pretty outdated now and it’s throwing off the wknd figures. 

SW 26.2/25.3/21 72.5M | Jumanji 11.7/12.4/11 35.1M | Frozen 6/5.85/5.3 17.15M

Edited by Arendelle Legion
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1